• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Trainee Driver - Old Oak Common (14/05/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suley91

Just completed my online DMI, hopefully better luck for me this time.

anyone know what the next step is after DMI?

only because I’ve passed OPC stages and MMI.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Chuchu

Just completed my online DMI, hopefully better luck for me this time.

anyone know what the next step is after DMI?

only because I’ve passed OPC stages and MMI.
Probably they will check if you've passed to their requirements, also, I believe MTR has DFFT as an extra, compared to others, so you might be asked to do that if you have not done it previously. Unless there is a zoom or face to face dmi in play, after the assessments, then it should be straight to medical. I'm thinking, if this interview was more like a normal one, as in number of questions and time spent, it might be the only interview in the process. How did you find it ? Was it like a zoom interview or more like another sifting tool ?

Good luck with your result ! ;)

Suley91

Hello mate, I done opc with arl so I believe that they’re around the same standard. I’ll soon find out. But I’ve defo done the dfft.

I found it okay tbf, I revised a lot and prepared myself the best I could. the questions were fairly similar to a normal dmi, only 5 questions but I think they ask quite a lot of you and I feel that they’d gather enough from you with just those questions asked.

that’s what I was wondering whether there would be a follow up face to face/zoom after this.

just completed mine and I really enjoyed it actually. I enjoyed that I could finally talk about everything I've been researching for the last 4 days, I really hope I get through but fingers crossed for everyone. They said in the last correspondence email that assessment centre stage 1 is next. I assume covid has changed the way recruitment carries on, so perhaps they are trying to sift down as many numbers as possible before face to face could take place. good luck to all.

Chuchu

just completed mine and I really enjoyed it actually. I enjoyed that I could finally talk about everything I've been researching for the last 4 days, I really hope I get through but fingers crossed for everyone. They said in the last correspondence email that assessment centre stage 1 is next. I assume covid has changed the way recruitment carries on, so perhaps they are trying to sift down as many numbers as possible before face to face could take place. good luck to all.
I also completed mine today, but for me it did seem weird not having someone in front of me, and the nerves did get me on one of the questions. I do believe this is going to be the end of the road, sadly. Oh well, upwards and onwards. Good luck to everyone else ! ;)

CamdenDave

I'm planning on starting mine in the next hour or two, how long did it take you to complete? And was it really only 5 questions as someone mentioned?

Chuchu

I'm planning on starting mine in the next hour or two, how long did it take you to complete? And was it really only 5 questions as someone mentioned?
Yes, 5 questions and as they said in the email, up to 3 minutes per question, so from start to end, let's say about 30 minutes. Good luck ! :D

CamdenDave

Yes, 5 questions and as they said in the email, up to 3 minutes per question, so from start to end, let's say about 30 minutes. Good luck ! :D
Well that was certainly a strange interview, can't say I'm a fan of the pre-recorded format as it doesn't really give you an opportunity to get any personality across, I felt almost robotic throughout. But in saying that, I feel I answered all the questions fully with all the required information. So time to jut sit back and keep the fingers crossed. Good luck to everyone else who have done or still have to do their interviews!

RoyalRuss

Hello everyone I am new to this site and was just wondering how long did it take to hear back from MTR with regards to the DMI?

I Passed my VSE over a week ago and got the email saying someone will be in touch but nothing yet?

Celrocks

Hello everyone I am new to this site and was just wondering how long did it take to hear back from MTR with regards to the DMI?

I Passed my VSE over a week ago and got the email saying someone will be in touch but nothing yet?
I would suggest you to login into you mtrel career page and check for any email in there.. As some emails just jump into spam and also into promotion if you are using Gmail.

RoyalRuss

I would suggest you to login into you mtrel career page and check for any email in there.. As some emails just jump into spam and also into promotion if you are using Gmail.
Thank you no luck though, I have emailed recruitment just in case I have slipped through the net.

CamdenDave

Just got an email inviting to OPC assesments. DFFT, TRPT, TEA-Occ and group bourdon. I assume this means I passed the DMI. Tests to be taken at the MTR offices.

Anyone who has been through this process before, am I right in the thinking that an MMI would follow should the applicant pass these tests?

Chuchu

Just got an email inviting to OPC assesments. DFFT, TRPT, TEA-Occ and group bourdon. I assume this means I passed the DMI. Tests to be taken at the MTR offices.

Anyone who has been through this process before, am I right in the thinking that an MMI would follow should the applicant pass these tests?
First of all, congratulations ! ;)

From what you say, it looks like they will run the tests in different days. One day for pen and paper, for which you have been invited and the other day for computer based tests and mmi.

Good luck !

CamdenDave

First of all, congratulations ! ;)

From what you say, it looks like they will run the tests in different days. One day for pen and paper, for which you have been invited and the other day for computer based tests and mmi.

Good luck !
Thanks Chuchu!

What you said makes sense also, get the paper exercises out the way, an additional sift for them, before they have to pay OPC to carry out the remaining tests and MMIs.

Suley91

Congratulations, am I right in assuming that because they’re going to be running the opc tests at MTR that they’ll also be doing the MMI themselves too? Or would it be an OPC representative who carries this out but just at MTR offices?

KeenAsCustard

Can I ask whether those waiting on word back from their DMIs have already passed the OPC assessments? Or have you not done them at all?

Just wondering :p trying to keep some hope! I've passed OPC assessments with enhanced, no DFFT though

Chuchu

Can I ask whether those waiting on word back from their DMIs have already passed the OPC assessments? Or have you not done them at all?

Just wondering :p trying to keep some hope! I've passed OPC assessments with enhanced, no DFFT though
Same here, mate ! They'll get back to us soon.

Suley91

Yeah same boat, passed to enhance with DFFT. Fingers crossed for us lol

KeenAsCustard

Hello! I have just received (about 30-60 mins ago) my email from OPC saying that I've passed the DMI! YAY!

I've queried the times and the fact that I've recently passed assessments with them (no DFFT though), so hopefully hear back soon with some clarification!

YAY!

Celrocks

Hello! I have just received (about 30-60 mins ago) my email from OPC saying that I've passed the DMI! YAY!

I've queried the times and the fact that I've recently passed assessments with them (no DFFT though), so hopefully hear back soon with some clarification!

YAY!
Hi

Congratulations ...
Just wanted to know .. r you an MTR employee ?

Last edited:

Celrocks

Hi, no I'm not, a purely external candidate :) why do you ask?
Just curious. I am also still waiting for the results. I Haven't heard anything yet . Trying to keep some hopes...

Has anyone else heard back?

Last edited:

Darrell90

Just curious. I am also still waiting for the results. I Haven't heard anything yet . Trying to keep some hopes...

Has anyone else heard back?
No I haven’t, spoke to my mate at MTR, he saying there sending out rejections later apparently as there already have enough people for OPC which is commencing on the 28th June.... so I’m not very optimistic anymore but hey life goes on.

Celrocks

No I haven’t, spoke to my mate at MTR, he saying there sending out rejections later apparently as there already have enough people for OPC which is commencing on the 28th June.... so I’m not very optimistic anymore but hey life goes on.
Hi ...

I just got an email. What a relief.
I passed the DMI yheaaa.. got invited for the next stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.