• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Trainee Driver - Old Oak Common (14/05/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Darrell90

Yhea... Hopefully I just do the MMI.

Thank you...
No not next week but on the 12th July.
R they doing all the assessment at OPC?
I don’t think so as you may have passed some in the past and OPC will have that on there record. I wish they reply to man lol

KeenAsCustard

Doesn’t look it but I’ve passed all assessments just want to know whether I’ve passed DMI or not. But I haven’t had a unsuccessful email yet so?
Maybe it's because you have everything, and don't need to be scheduled in and notice given of days needed off current work? That's a possibility right?

They've sent out successful emails individually it seems - each on different days and times for the folk in this thread, so until the proverbial fat lady gives us a tune....?

Suley91

Maybe it's because you have everything, and don't need to be scheduled in and notice given of days needed off current work? That's a possibility right?

They've sent out successful emails individually it seems - each on different days and times for the folk in this thread, so until the proverbial fat lady gives us a tune....?
That’s what I’m hoping. I don’t think they have notice period times but it’s a holding pool so they won’t need that yet anyways.

maybe I’ll hear something once everyone else hears back from opc assessments?

there’s still a glimmer of hope lol

CamdenDave

How did everyone find there assessments today?
I feel like it went fairly well. Averaged about 10 full lines on the group bourdon, most of the cable & dials questions, finished 12 of the DFFT questions and was fine on the tones/directory. The only one I'm a little unsure of was the GLOP test. Out of the 18 questions I'm confident I got 15-16 correct, but I think I may have mixed up 2 of the answers. Fingers crossed 15 or 16 out of 18 is still a pass!

How do you feel about it yourself? Anything catch you off guard or were you happy with the day?

Last edited:

sei108

How did everyone find there assessments today?

Yeah it wasn't too bad - the assessments were similar to what i was expecting and i didn't find any of them to be too taxing, just to see whether what i did manage to do is going to be enough. Bourdon being most peoples downfall i can't say if i did well enough, the glop test i was not totally sure of two Q's (more muddled the info internally than not knowing the answer so had a guess lol). With the remaining tests i believe i did them accurately so waiting to hear now. How did you find it? Good Luck.

I feel like it went fairly well. Averaged about 10 full lines on the group bourdon, most of the cable & dials questions, finished 12 of the DFFT questions and was fine on the tones/directory. The only one I'm a little unsure of was the GLOP test. Out of the 18 questions I'm confident I got 15-16 correct, but I think I may have mixed up 2 of the answers. Fingers crossed 15 or 16 out of 18 is still a pass!

How do you feel about it yourself? Anything catch you off guard or were you happy with the day?

10 lines on the Bourdon nice! Tried to count my lines at the ends but didn't get the chance. I didn't feel particularly caught out by anything if i had to name some concerns i would say bourdon just because lol and maybe 2 Questions on the GLOP test. Good Luck

CamdenDave

Check your emails guys and girls. I've just got the invite to stage 2. Wish you all the best with your outcome
Just received my invite for stage 2 in Watford in the last ten mins, so seems they're not sending out results in a batch email. Good luck to everyone else still waiting to hear back!

Last edited:

sei108

My stage 2 email in the inbox too!! Well done everyone and best of luck going forward!!

KeenAsCustard

Now that my initial excitement is out the way (it's not, I still think I might pass out), does anyone know what happens from here?

The email said that my details have been passed on to MTR now - is it a formal notification that my name is in the pool? Do I have to do a medical before that?

Does anyone know or heard of any rough dates at all?

Edit: Just to clarify, I've passed all the assessments required for enhanced/MTR

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.