• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Multi Toc Weekend First Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.

0B00

I have 4 elderly neighbours who are off on a cruise and have booked Standard travel as follows:

Sat 09/04/16:

Bangor - Crewe (Virgin WC), Crewe - Edinburgh (Virgin WC), Edinburgh - Dundee (Virgin East Coast).

Sun 17/04/16:

Dundee - Edinburgh (Scotrail), Edinburgh - Crewe (Virgin WC), Crewe - Bangor (Virgin WC).

For flexibility they have chosen Off-Peak Returns using 2 x'Two Together' Railcards at £91.75 each.

Can they obtain 'through' Weekend First Upgrades or do they need to get one for each leg?

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
It used to be possible to obtain multi-TOC upgrades at the highest fare charged in advance (only, not on board) but I'm pretty sure that is no longer possible.

However, all TOCs I know of will issue through Weekend First valid for connections on that TOC - VWC certainly do. Just make sure you clearly ask for that when upgrading on board, and check they did do it correctly - they often instinctively default to the end destination of that train.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
All Weekend First grades are valid on services of the issuing TOC only. For journeys across multiple TOCs, you will need to purchase separate upgrades, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.