• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Multiple unit disposals

Status
Not open for further replies.

John S

Does anyone please know of an online source of fates of withdrawn DMUs &
EMUs.
I have Ashley Butlin's wonderful book, but am seeking cutting locations and
dates which occurred after his coverage.
I am aware of the Vintage Carriages Trust site, and own the IRS EL
Handbooks, but these, of course only refer to still existing vehicles.
A similar site for coaching stock would also be most welcome, both passenger
and NPC stock.

MTIA

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Keith Jarrett

The only other source of data that I am aware of is the Roger Harris book on DMU allocations - The Allocation History of BR Diesel Multiple Units
Part 1 Nos 50000-51828.

As an aside, albeit related, does anyone know of a resource (or resources), book or internet, that gives dates of entry into traffic for all modern (ie 1970s to date) DMUs and EMUs? I have already gathered a lot of information from magazines but my extensive collection does go back far enough to give me everything and in addition, the mags seem to have missed reporting dates for certain units. I got at lot of information out of one of the DMU disposal books but that seemed to run out part the way through Class 165 deliveries. DMU classes taht are know I have significant gaps are Classes 165, 166 and 168 while on the EMU front I am missing all from Classes 313, 314, 315, 317, 319, 320, 321, 322, 323, 365 along with other odds and ends to numerous to remember.

theblackwatch

Established Member
The only other source of data that I am aware of is the Roger Harris book on DMU allocations - The Allocation History of BR Diesel Multiple Units
Part 1 Nos 50000-51828.

As an aside, albeit related, does anyone know of a resource (or resources), book or internet, that gives dates of entry into traffic for all modern (ie 1970s to date) DMUs and EMUs? I have already gathered a lot of information from magazines but my extensive collection does go back far enough to give me everything and in addition, the mags seem to have missed reporting dates for certain units. I got at lot of information out of one of the DMU disposal books but that seemed to run out part the way through Class 165 deliveries. DMU classes taht are know I have significant gaps are Classes 165, 166 and 168 while on the EMU front I am missing all from Classes 313, 314, 315, 317, 319, 320, 321, 322, 323, 365 along with other odds and ends to numerous to remember.

There are a couple of books by Ashley Butlin/Coorlea Publishing that might be of interest, which include 'new' dates. See http://www.transportdiversions.com/catalog.asp?publisherid=95 for details.

Keith Jarrett

That's great and many thanks for the heads up. These books look pretty useful and will hopefully fill a lot of gaps for me - I have already got my friendly bookseller on the case.

Just curious though that the books cover the 508s but not other 5xx classes such as 501, 502, 503, 504, 506 and 507.

Status
Not open for further replies.