• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mumbai flooded railway viral video

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad465

Established Member
Just seen this video where a train passes through a flooded Mumbai station and sprays everyone that might be of interest:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-asia-india-41350289/mumbai-train-gets-water-ride

One thing I particularly thought of when I saw it was how determined the Indians are to keeping their network running; who knows how many train cancellations and disruption would result if that was over here ;)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

traji00

"Stand well away from the edge of Platform 2. The approaching train is scheduled to spray you with water."

Joking aside, could that not cause arcing if the train was electric?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Tim R-T-C

Established Member
Joking aside, flood water often contains raw sewage, serious health risks there.

brad465

Established Member
Another issue that might come from this scenario is the apparent higher risk of derailment that I believe comes with water levels going above the track height.

Status
Not open for further replies.