• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Munich & Bavaria loco-hauled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

All the Kempten side 218/245s are now on dostos, a couple of peak Muhldorfs were hanging on with real stock before Christmas. I presume the Lindau line has now reopened so the diagrams should be back to normal. Usually a 218 vice 245 as well as Kempten have seven 245s for seven turns I think, but this may be relaxed again with the tunnel open as they won't be going through to Lindau. Still some of the god-awful 'deathtrap' tilting carts to avoid (612s?) on the odd train out of Munich but overall there are plenty of hauled trains that side, in contrast to the Flirt junk in the low platforms at Meridian. If it's a weekday the hauled Meridian train Vice Flirt is a must cover, one of the last trains in Europe that five classes can drop onto, see https://87015aewn.wordpress.com/2016/12/01/meridian-vice-munich-november-2016/

As it happens, I have found myself back here in München once again and have some time to spare for bashing heute Abend...

Have I missed the boat on this one or is the loco hauled meridian still running? Also, as meridian is out of bounds for FIP do any of you know the best ticket to get to do the 17h11 Kufstein?

Danke.

(Off to the Reisezentrum...)

CC 72100

Established Member
As it happens, I have found myself back here in München once again and have some time to spare for bashing heute Abend...

Have I missed the boat on this one or is the loco hauled meridian still running? Also, as meridian is out of bounds for FIP do any of you know the best ticket to get to do the 17h11 Kufstein?

Danke.

(Off to the Reisezentrum...)

Don't know if it's still running, but a standard Munich day ticket all modes of transport will cover you Munich Hbf - Munich Ost if you're desperate...

cactustwirly

Established Member
A Bavaria ticket (Bayern Karte) for around 20 Euros will cover you for that & any regional train in Bavaria

Thanks for the replies guys.

Well, I can confirm that it is indeed still running. I had two goes on it, one short hop to Ostbahnhof and one run out to Grafing the next day and got two different Locomotion Traxx.
It would appear there are two rakes in use. A set of compartment stock showed up one day and a rake of open N-Wagen's the next.

I will try and upload some pics when I can sort out the issues with my windows phone..

BRX

Established Member
Is anyone able to give a brief update on what of interest (if anything) is still running now... in 2019?

Spoorslag '70

Is anyone able to give a brief update on what of interest (if anything) is still running now... in 2019?
The biggest change is the introduction of 445s (Twindexx power cars) replacing some 111s, mainly on slower services towards Ingolstadt/Nürnberg.

There is again an Ersatzzug running on Meridian services to Kufstein (Taurus+(mostly) n-Wagen), on the following diagram:
M 79060 Kufstein 06:27 - München Hbf 07:42 (MFO)
M 79077 München Hbf 16:08 - Kufstein 17:23 (FO)
M 79081 München Hbf 17:10 - Kufstein 18:25 (MThO)

Most 218s should have been replaced by 245s now, but the later do tend to be rather unreliable with the fomer standing in.

Finally, (but not loco-hauled) the 420 EMUs have being rather more regular sights again, with some (slightly) modernised examples doing peak hours work on various lines in addition to the slightly more longstanding S20 and Altomünster-Dachau services (and the weekend diagrams). https://www.tramreport.de/ features the diagrams (alongside the potential diagrams for the P type trams), under the heading "420-Einsatzplan" (click on the lines below the image).

BRX

Established Member
The biggest change is the introduction of 445s (Twindexx power cars) replacing some 111s, mainly on slower services towards Ingolstadt/Nürnberg.

There is again an Ersatzzug running on Meridian services to Kufstein (Taurus+(mostly) n-Wagen), on the following diagram:

Most 218s should have been replaced by 245s now, but the later do tend to be rather unreliable with the fomer standing in.

Finally, (but not loco-hauled) the 420 EMUs have being rather more regular sights again, with some (slightly) modernised examples doing peak hours work on various lines in addition to the slightly more longstanding S20 and Altomünster-Dachau services (and the weekend diagrams). https://www.tramreport.de/ features the diagrams (alongside the potential diagrams for the P type trams), under the heading "420-Einsatzplan" (click on the lines below the image).

Thanks. Is it pretty much all aircon stock now or can I still find the old drop-down window type in places?

Jamesrob637

Established Member

I'm guessing an hour earlier on Fridays to reflect München working patterns?

Spoorslag '70

Thanks. Is it pretty much all aircon stock now or can I still find the old drop-down window type in places?
Stock with drop-down windwos (most notably "n-Wagen") are quite rare nowadays. The Meridian workings and potentialy the diagram below [1] still have them, along with "ALEX" regional trains (but when the airco is working, they are locked (with a standard Bern style key). Coaches with an i in the designation (former Interregio coaches) should also have some, but are working IC services.

I'm guessing an hour earlier on Fridays to reflect München working patterns?
I would guess so, my local tram/U-Bahn/Stadtbahn line also starts the peak earlier on Fridays.

[1]:

RE 4672 Mittenwald 06:03 - München Hbf 07:48 (MFO)
RE 4673 München Hbf 17:09 - Mittenwald 18:53 (MFO)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
RE 4873 München Hbf 08:13 - Mittenwald 09:53 (Saturdays)
RE 4876 Mittenwald 18:04 - München Hbf 19:47 (Saturdays)

Status
Not open for further replies.