• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Museum of Transport, Boyle St Manchester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

Didnt even know this place existed (sorry :) ) may i ask, is this place worth a visit? Im mainly a Train fan at heart but carry many a fond memory of the Leyland Olympians, Atlanteans, & Nationals from Trent's old fleet in Derby.

Any info is greatly appreciated :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MarkyMarkD

It is very many years since I was last there, but I would suggest it is very much worth a visit! One of these days I will get back there with my daughter and show her how life used to be in Manchester "when I were a lad".

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
The museum is not grant funded and has to make an admission charge:-

Adults / Over 16 years of age...............................£4.00
Over 60's / Students..........................................£2.00
Children under 16 / Registered disabled...................FREE

The Museum is open on Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday and on Bank Holidays from 1000 to 1630.

If a special event is being held, different admission charges will apply.

It is very many years since I was last there, but I would suggest it is very much worth a visit! One of these days I will get back there with my daughter and show her how life used to be in Manchester "when I were a lad".

Happy days & no buggy friendly buses lol! cheers for the recommendation :)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
The museum is not grant funded and has to make an admission charge:-

Adults / Over 16 years of age...............................£4.00
Over 60's / Students..........................................£2.00
Children under 16 / Registered disabled...................FREE

The Museum is open on Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday and on Bank Holidays from 1000 to 1630.

If a special event is being held, different admission charges will apply.

Thanks for the info, looks like its best to get to Victoria Station on one of their event days & enjoy a heritage shuttle! Cheers :)

MJBryan1979

I think its worth a visit I have been myself on a few occasions and also with my children who also loved it and the volunteers are always friendly as well.

Plenty of variety in the exhibits especially my own personal favourite (although I am biased here) the 1901 Manchester tram belonging to the MTMS that run the Heaton Park Tramway.

JoeGJ1984

I went there with my parents and I enjoyed it. I also enjoyed the prototype Metrolink tram. I think it's worth a visit, although it might be worth going on a day when they do a heritage shuttle from Victoria.

Thankyou for the reply's :) having watched the video i shall definately make a visit, & probably on an event day. Nowadays the only buses i catch are the modern single deck offerings of Trent's current fleet. Which have all the creature comforts but a 0% feel good factor :)

Organisations like this a truly wonderful & i salute those who give their time for others to enjoy! :)

bus man

Go on a day when they run the service to victoria so you can ride on one of the buses.

Status
Not open for further replies.