• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Music Centres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butts

Veteran Member
Do these still exist ????

I want something to play records and CD's on that is self contained preferably with a radio as well.

I would like something with a bit of oomph .....100w per channel.

I'm not interested in USB's or docking or i-pods et al (whatever they are :oops:)

All I can find is retro systems made by Steepleton or some such outfit with pathetic outputs.

What ever happened you used to be able to get Sony, Technics, Panasonic and all the others :p

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swj99

Do these still exist ????
I noticed there are some original 70s, 80s and 90s music centres on ebay, and they are a testament to the durability of a bygone age.

You can get retro stuff, but I wouldn't know how good it is compared to the original ones.

sprinterguy

Established Member
This is the sort of thing that I've got my eye on:
http://www.hifi-tower.co.uk/Denver-MRP-151-Stereo-System-CD-Cassette-Record-Player-Radio_i4701.htm

I've currently got a similar Panasonic stereo system, but it lacks the record playing ability: Back in my teens, a friend of mine had the next model up from mine, which did have a turntable incorporated, and I've wanted one ever since although it's not really worth replacing my perfectly functioning stereo that I have at the moment!

Mind you, these sort of stereo systems aren't a scratch on the likes of the "proper" 1980s music centre that my mother still has, which seems to have enough dials and switches on it to be halfway to being a recording studio! And hooked up to a thwacking great set of Wharfedale speakers, too <D Great stuff :)

Last edited:

Clip

Established Member
Id personally just go down the seperates route really.

doesnt matter what CD player or Radio tuner you get just spend some money on a Technics 1210 and a decent amp and speakers.

Or you can pick up decent 6 changer Panasonic all in ones on ebay for silly money - they bloody last too - me dads is 20 years old and still works.

Status
Not open for further replies.