• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Music Organiser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordy

Established Member
Hi

Does anyone know if there is a piece of software simular to 'Picasa' by Google, but that sorts out your music?

IE: It makes a list of your songs/audio files

Thanks

Jordy

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The latest Windows Media Player has a good audio library feature.

Simming

Media Players the best I think.

Clear sound, and you can organise your own playlist. And its lists it all very well. plus its idiot proof.

bluecont

Not to start a religion war.... but I use winamp, and significantly enjoy its live search feature... ie it refines the search terms and updates the results as you type. Very cool.

The Snap

Established Member
iTunes is very good, it lists all your songs in any order you want ie: in alphabetical, artist name, album name etc. I have it, and I use it all the time. (YOu also get Quicktime with it too ;) ).

Simming

RichardH said:
iTunes is very good, it lists all your songs in any order you want ie: in alphabetical, artist name, album name etc. I have it, and I use it all the time. (YOu also get Quicktime with it too ;) ).

So does windoze

Tom B

Established Member
RichardH said:
(YOu also get Quicktime with it too ;) ).

Excellent reason why not to install it.

If your music is in a folder with other stuff then

dir *.mp3

or whatever extension

bluecont

Most media players will sort by these and more features. Is there anything special about itunes? The main reason I dont use it, is that it has an ugly interface (to me) and it stole permissions i told it not to have (a heinous sin in my books, and grounds for removal)

Ian

Tom B

Established Member
bluecont said:
Most media players will sort by these and more features. Is there anything special about itunes? The main reason I dont use it, is that it has an ugly interface (to me) and it stole permissions i told it not to have (a heinous sin in my books, and grounds for removal)

Ian

I've spent hours talking to people who are orgasmic about getting the latest i-pod. I ask them what's wrong with a normal music player, they seem to want an ipod because it says ipod on the front...

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
bluecont said:
Not to start a religion war.... but I use winamp, and significantly enjoy its live search feature... ie it refines the search terms and updates the results as you type. Very cool.
I was personally very reluctant to use winamp at first, but now swear by it compared to windows media player. Winamp is so much bettter, the only place I think winamp fails is that it can be slow on a pc with little ram left.

Z12XE

Winamp - It really whips the Llamas @rse
Media Player - It really spies on the users @rse.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Cockfosters said:
bluecont said:

Ian

I've spent hours talking to people who are orgasmic about getting the latest i-pod. I ask them what's wrong with a normal music player, they seem to want an ipod because it says ipod on the front...

I have a Creative Zen Micro. It is superior to the ipod in virtually every possible way, and I am very happy with it. It has been reviewed many times, along with other Creative players, and has consistently come out on top of the ipod. However, all my friends still say that they prefer the ipod. Why does a badge make so much difference? :?

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
the Creative Zen's are better, but the awkward menu system seems to have put me off buying...

Nick

I agree with Max, Creative are good, I've got a Creative Zen Nano Plus (1gb) and thats tiny and really easy to use...even got a radio on it too and the battery life (a single AAA) beats the iPod. Also I know my machine won't go bust after 300 cycles :roll:

People don't tend to know Creative they don't advertise like Apple and wern't the market leader...hence Apple is seen as 'cool' as it started off the craze

jd

Wow! Lots of sane people here! I too have a Zen Micro, it's great - I find the menu very easy to use too, transfer speeds are great, even on USB1.1, and the removable disk function also useful. My only complaint would be that since they came out, Creative have removed the mains charger as standard (I had one and had to return it due to a fault, and now they don't come with mains chargers so I don't have one (still same price though, even w/o charger!))

Gareth Hale

Jordy said:
Hi

Does anyone know if there is a piece of software simular to 'Picasa' by Google, but that sorts out your music?

IE: It makes a list of your songs/audio files

Thanks

Jordy

Sorry for replying so late but Windows XP sorts it out incredibally well, each folder is automatically named and so is the files, then placed in alphabetical order 8)

T

Tom

... one problem there Gareth!

We're talking media player organisers, not explorer!

David

Established Member
I'm the same as Ian (bluecont). I use WinAmp, mainly because it doesn't spy on you and report everything back to Nullsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.