• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Musselburgh Parking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huntergreed

Established Member
Associate Staff
Events Co-ordinator
Does anyone know how much parking is at Musselburgh station? I am going to commute to Edinburgh with family and I need to know, I know this was a bad place to put it but Scotrail won't reply to me on Twitter

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

railjock

Does anyone know how much parking is at Musselburgh station? I am going to commute to Edinburgh with family and I need to know, I know this was a bad place to put it but Scotrail won't reply to me on Twitter

More parking at newcraighall and a more regular service into edinburgh.

Space for maybe 50 cars I'd say. It fills up fairly quickly though and the station is a bit awkward to get to, depending on where you start. Wallyford might be a better bet as the park and ride facility is much bigger than the car park at Musselburgh.

Altnabreac

Established Member
It's also close to Queen Margaret University and there is general pressure on parking on surrounding streets by students. As others have said best to either be there early or head to Newcraighall / Wallyford that have more capacity.

Chrism20

Established Member
Wallyford has much better parking IMO although as others have said Newcraighall has a more frequent service.

The hike up the hill always puts me off using Newcraighall though tbh

alexf380

Established Member
Like others have said, the car park at Musselburgh does fill up quickly. After 9am there is a very slim chance of finding a space, and depending on what part of Musselburgh you're coming from, Wallyford station may be quicker to get to. Anywhere in the Pinkie/Ashgrove/Eskside areas would see you be better off going there. Newcraighall is also an option but it is a little further away and it is a mere 50p per day.

iain-j

Like others have said, the car park at Musselburgh does fill up quickly. After 9am there is a very slim chance of finding a space, and depending on what part of Musselburgh you're coming from, Wallyford station may be quicker to get to. Anywhere in the Pinkie/Ashgrove/Eskside areas would see you be better off going there. Newcraighall is also an option but it is a little further away and it is a mere 50p per day.
I agree with alexf380 as the park and ride at Wallyford is a better size and sometimes better located. I travel from Wallyford as it's my local station and have found that a few folk use Galt Road for parking as it right next to the station. https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@55.941231,-3.0163865,218m/data=!3m1!1e3

Status
Not open for further replies.