• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

My Dad's flight back from Rhodes (Greece)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jd

My dad was 6 hours or so late back from Rhodes (hereafter referred to as RHO) because his flight (to LGW) was delayed. Firstly, the LGW - RHO flight before had to turn back to LGW minutes after take-off because of some sort of technical fault, and they had to wait around for ages while another plane was found - this flight then left LGW again, about 4 hours late - therfore arriving at RHO 4 hours late, and departing RHO (with my dad aboard) 4 hours late.

Then, during the flight, the pilot went over his max. hours, and they had to land at Lyon to changeover pilots. It took about 1 1/2 hours to find another pilot, so they ended up being about 6 hours late to LGW. He then had to wait an hour or so for his train, and then about 30 mins at Reading for a connection to Birmingham.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheSlash

Established Member
jdan said:
Then, during the flight, the pilot went over his max. hours, and they had to land at Lyon to changeover pilots. It took about 1 1/2 hours to find another pilot, so they ended up being about 6 hours late to LGW. He then had to wait an hour or so for his train, and then about 30 mins at Reading for a connection to Birmingham.
Let this be an example to people who say train crew planning is bad

Status
Not open for further replies.