• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

My Day from Hell (compensation advice required)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivo

Established Member
You're right - it looks like I haven't :?

I want something from them to negate the fact that this whole episode cost me a net total of roughly 3½ hours. The information in The Manual, as shown by TP, shows that they should have checked the barrier and if it wasn't they should have given me the form to take to SWT for them to issue a new one. That should take 15 minutes, even at a station the size of Waterloo.

In theory, 3½ hours' delay equates the full value of my return fare, although I think that would be optimistic for anything beyond RDG. So in theory that would mean something to the equivalent value of the RDG T/C, which with a YP is £14.35.

I also want an assertion from them that the kind of procedure outlined above is followed far more rigorously in future than my experience suggests.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.