• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

My day in London, 24.4.05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Southern

On the 24 April this year, I went on a travelcard around London and the South East. I got a 375 from Folkestone Central - Victoria at 08:30. Trains were using Victoria because of engineering works.

When I arrived at Victoria, I went to the machine and bought an all zones travelcard. After that, I went out to the bus station and took the 38 routemaster to Tottenham Court Road. I got off and took the Central Line to Liverpool Street. Then, I walked up to the main station and took a 357 to Barking. From Barking, I caught the District Line to Whitechapel and then the East London Line to Canada Water. Off at Canada Water and on to the Jubilee Line to London Bridge. From there, I took a 455 to East Croydon and a 377 to Clapham Junction. At Clapham Junction, I got a 450 to Vauxhall and took the 36 over to Paddington. Next, I took the Hammersmith&City Line to Hammersmith, the District Line to Richmond, a 450 to Twickenham and the 281 to Kingston. Because there were engineering works going on in the area, I took a replacement coach service to Surbiton and got a 444 back to Waterloo.

I walked over to Waterloo East and got a 465 to Beckenham Junction and the 162 to Bromley South. At Bromley, I crossed the main road and walked into the station. When I go to platform 3, a 465 to Victoria was just about to leave so I decided to get that. The doors in the front carriage wouldn't open so I had to quickly run back to the next carriage.

Upon arrival at Victoria, I got the Victoria Line to Euston and a 321 to Harrow. At Harrow, I walked into town and bought myself a mcflurry. I walked back to the station and got a 377 to Clapham Junction. Then, I got a 456 to Sutton, the 280 to Mitcham, a Tram to Wimbledon, a 455 to Clapham and a 377 to Victoria. I had about 30 minutes until my train back to Folkestone at 22:50 so I bought myself some more food. I got my 375 back to Folkestone Central and got home about 1am.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.