• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

My First RailUK Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordy

Established Member
Just noticed that, on the 9th June, it was a year since i joined RUK! Thought I might do a bit of a story thingy ;)

It was all started thanks to my (now rather dead) website, at the time I was offering free video hosting, yorkie emailed me to take up the offer, and also told me about RUK. A few weeks later, and I was on my first forum meet!!

Since then, i've been all over, thanks to this forum, best meet has to be the recent 'Highland Circular', but here are some other memberable ones;

The first meet I organised, Barnetby
Holyhead 57s
NRM 'Cab it'
Lincoln christmas market extras
The epic North East Rover meet
and of course the fantastic Crewe open day

Has been a great year, thanks to all the meet organisers and forum management for making it possible :D

Heres to another great meet packed year!
cheers.gif

Jordy

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

richa2002

Established Member
I remember Yorkie continually badgering me to sign up. I'm glad I did now!

Jordy

Established Member
You signed up the day before me, he must have gone on a crazy signing up rampage! ;)

Coxster

Established Member
I thought you were on the "old" RailUK and before that TTF.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I met Jordy about a year ago, and I'm sure he'd agree that we've become good friends in that time, thanks to RailUK!

And I have to agree Jordy, it's been a very busy and interesting year, so I have to say a special thankyou to Yorkie for all the meets that he organises. I don't think some (even me at times) realise how much effort he puts into them :)

And of course, thankyou to all the other meet organisers too. You all do a great job to make the forum a more enjoyable place!

Simming

My tale

Old Simsig Forum, Spoke To Yorkie one night in the simsig chat room, he got me to TTF, then TTF to the old RUK, and then this one.

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Whilst we're on the subject and I have nothing to do, I think I originally began lurking around in the summer of '01, signed up to FictionAlley Park* (early 2002), UKTrainSim (2002), then the LUL Forum (2002) (The original TTF), then somehow went away for about 1 year and came back to signed up to TTF (end of 2003) without knowing it was the old LUL Forum, then there was that lovely era of mayhem on TTF during which RailUK (late 2004?) was concieved as having quite some potential, initially it was only set up as an emergency forum cause TTF got way too out of hand. Then of course it closed down for some reason or other, then it came back in it's present form (2005).

And I've been pottering around doing sod all ever since around 2001, when I was just a little newbie without any knowledge of anything.....not much change then.

And just so y'all know, I've had the odd few names, one of which is going to remain a secret so I have a little dignity left ;). Tigermon is probably the one everybody knows me for, probably the second most embarrasing one too.

*Not exactly a Railway Forum.....:)

T

Tom

RailUK was opened during Feb 2005. It closed late-April 2005, and reopened in June 05.

Status
Not open for further replies.