• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

My London Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonb

Established Member
Heres a report of my London trip yesterday (22/6) I have compiled this in points as this seems most popular with the majority of people.

- Arrived at Shenfield and caught the 0832 train to Liverpool Street

- Arrived in Liverpool Street just before 9 and 47818 was seen ready to haul a dead Anglia set out so a mad dash over to catch the 0908 to Clacton as far as Stratford

- Saw 47818 and headed for Stratford low leve to catch the 0937 Silverlink service to Richmond as far as Willesden Junction

- 45 minutes later we arrive at Willesden Junction and I head for the footbridge where many freights were seen and about 1215 met my mate Mike and we headed for a footbridge near Willesden Junction station to see 66710 + 3520 for store at Shoeburyness

- After we saw that we headed for a footbridge near Old Oak Common to see 47841 and scrappers to Caerwent, after we saw this and a few more freights we headed for the Tow path at Old Oak where 67029 was seen shunting charter stock

- We walked back to Willesden Junction station and I caught the late running 1438 to Kensington Olympia hoping to see 66003 + 58011, however they did'nt show

- I then caught the 1617 to Clapham Junction and got the 1629 to Waterloo where I boarded the Waterloo and City to Bank and the Central Line to Liverpool Street where I caught the 1704 Southend Victoria as far as Shenfield

Pics are on my site (Link below)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dave A

Wow :shock: Nice pics as well. Did you plan to go on those stock or did you just get lucky (very lucky) :?:

jonb

Established Member
47818 was a surprise the rest was all known about through the right contacts ;)

clagmonster

Established Member
The 58 drag was caped at Woking due to brake problems. 66003 has run light somewhere, the 58 is on the train at Woking.

jonb

Established Member
Yeh am now trying to find out about when that 58 is going to try and get a phot.

clagmonster

Established Member
no, ex Cross Country, although it might have been on the Western Region at some stage during its life. I don't know which one it was before getting the extra fuel tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.