• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

My Mileage Challenge (Epic Fail)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FusionRail

Well, all I can say was the day started off good, then went down, down further, lightened up and the end was just dismal, untill the way home.

The 0029 was a meridian <(, got into Notts in good time, got lost looking for Mc D's, talked to some security guards and found it (30min walk for the 24h one!) then found out it was 24h Drive Thru only. So I walked round the drive through, told I couldnt be served and went to a lovely take away near the station and got a large pizza for very cheap. Then spent the next 3h in the bus station! Got the 0523 off Notts which was a 158 so a nice ride, then jumped quickly to the 0611 FTPE 185 to Piccadilly, which arrives like 20 minutes earlier than the 158 would!

Then jumped on a 323 to Hadfield via Glossop, and back to Manchester. Got the Metrolink to Victoria (running 12 mins late) but fortunately the 158 to Rochdale and beyond was delayed so I managed to catch it. At Rochdale one of the very kind station staff gave me a newspaper, and then it was back to Victoria, then Pic via the Metrolink. Naturaly, the Chorley train didn't appear, and wasn't even listed on the screens, so that mucked up that part of my plan. Instead I went to Warrington Central, had lunch then walked the wrong way to Bank Quay, and got a packed 175 to Oxford Road. Upon getting on the 185 (which was two units, one for Blackpool and the other to somewhere else or something like that, the on board announcement stated that the first unit was for xxxxxxx, when infact it was the other way round. So promptly half the carriage jumped up and back off, then back on again. Then on to Salford Cresent, and proceeding to Wigan Wallgate on a 150.

I fell asleep and somebody nicked my wayfarer ticket, so after some long conversations Northern gave me a free lift back to Victoria, then I got a ML ticket for Piccadilly, got bored and jumped on the next train to Sheffield (On my saver return to Manchester). Typically it was packed, and involved sitting on the floor!

Then the only decent thing of the day happened, a HST waiting for me destined for Kettering. So it was heads out all the way untill I turned round and the shades fell off and are now somewhere between Leicester and Mrkt H'borough. Also by chance met D306 on that train, and had a good old chat and flail back to Kettering.

So all in all a **** day, until the end.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

P156KWJ

Established Member
you spent 3 hours in Broadmarsh Bus Station in Nottingham :shock: are you mad? :lol:;) anyone who knows Nottingham knows BBS is a no-go at night :p well, suppose it's warm!
Where the hell did you go to a McDo with a drive-thru near town? The nearest one with a DT is either Castle Marina near Sainsburys and Currys or Netherfield near B&Q and Halfords :lol: I assume you went to Castle Marina.
If you ever get stuck in nottingham I recommend just staying in the waiting room at the station :D

FusionRail

you spent 3 hours in Broadmarsh Bus Station in Nottingham :shock: are you mad? :lol:;) anyone who knows Nottingham knows BBS is a no-go at night :p well, suppose it's warm!
Where the hell did you go to a McDo with a drive-thru near town? The nearest one with a DT is either Castle Marina near Sainsburys and Currys or Netherfield near B&Q and Halfords :lol: I assume you went to Castle Marina.
If you ever get stuck in nottingham I recommend just staying in the waiting room at the station :D

The security guard told me it closed just gone two, so like a fool i believed him. Needed some food anyway!

That bus station was quiet as hell apart from a few chavs that came through at some point!

P156KWJ

Established Member
you sure it was Broadmarsh and not Victoria bus station? Victoria is at the ar$e end of Victoria Centre, Broadmarsh is about 400yds from the station

FusionRail

Yeh it was the one a short walk from the Failway station.

Haha that was brilliant when that happened D306, wish I could have seen it from someone else's perspective

rmt

You forget that there is another Drive Thru on Radcliffe Road as well. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.