• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

My report from my daytripper 17/12/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woke up at 6:15, got washed & got dressed then left the house at 7:40 made my way to kilwinning station. Bought my daytripper, rubbed out the correct date then waited for the 0707 train for glasgow central.. Arrived in glasgow central about 8:40. Went into costa got myself a coffee. Then did a 314 run to neilston and back. Then got a refubished 320 to lanark goin via uddingston and hamilton on the way back. Then into blue lagoon chippy got myself a roll & chips and can of irn bru. Treated myself to a 156 to deinburgh and back. Even through i paid the return from shotts - edinburgh because the daytripper is only valit for strathclyde routes. When got back to glasgow central thought santa being good. Saw a 318 on a ayr service so did a return trip on that witch made my day. Then also did a 318 to larkhall and back then got 2!00 back to kilwinning on a 380. When i got in the house uploded my photos from the day onto my facebook and havin my curry with few cans of tennents

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
A 318 on an Ayr service?! Crikey that must be pretty unusual, I never saw such a thing when I was up there in September.

harz99

A 318 on an Ayr service?! Crikey that must be pretty unusual, I never saw such a thing when I was up there in September.

No, used to be regular as clockwork when the Ayr services were the domain of 334s (supposedly), don't know about nowadays as I don't get over that line so much these days.

Lrd

Established Member
No, used to be regular as clockwork when the Ayr services were the domain of 334s (supposedly), don't know about nowadays as I don't get over that line so much these days.
Usually shiny 380's.

Its 380s on ayrshire & inverclyde routes but yot do see some 314s sometimes on inverclyde but if theres a problem with a 380 think they do use a 318 on the ayrshire line not sure just found myself lucky to do a return trip from glasgow - ayr
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
they stopped the 318s on ayrshire lines in july i even took 5 return glasgow - ayr on 31825! Before they were all shifted on the argyle and the 380s replace the 318s 334s also did the ayrshire for a wile but think they being shifted somepoint April/ May no sure

Status
Not open for further replies.