• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

My SCAAT results, any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShorifAhmed

hs9xnb.gif

Here is my results.

How did I do? Also, what score do I need to get?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sfxdude

hs9xnb.gif

Here is my results.

How did I do? Also, what score do I need to get?

What TOC is this for?

AFAIK most TOCs do the test as a written test, not computer based. My advice is to print off sheets and practice it that way. There's a print option in that program.

And always aim for 0 mistakes. The way I did it was to go as slow as I needed to get 100% accuracy and then keep practising ensuring you're always getting 100% accuracy.

Bromley boy

Established Member
What TOC is this for?

AFAIK most TOCs do the test as a written test, not computer based. My advice is to print off sheets and practice it that way. There's a print option in that program.

And always aim for 0 mistakes. The way I did it was to go as slow as I needed to get 100% accuracy and then keep practising ensuring you're always getting 100% accuracy.

100% this. Check with the TOC if the test is written or computerised. There is a book available to assist with written test practice. Make a conscious effort to slow yourself down, focus on accuracy first and then build up speed.

I was getting about five rows down on each page in the actual test and this was enough to pass.

Without meaning to sound rude but those results are really bad. You need speed and accuracy to pass. I made the same mistake as you in the real test and failed. You don't need as many cells completed as you have done. 1000-1200 will be fine and you want to aim as close to 0 as possible on both targets emitted and targets missed.

Hope that helps and keep practising :)

ShorifAhmed

Without meaning to sound rude but those results are really bad. You need speed and accuracy to pass. I made the same mistake as you in the real test and failed. You don't need as many cells completed as you have done. 1000-1200 will be fine and you want to aim as close to 0 as possible on both targets emitted and targets missed.

Hope that helps and keep practising :)

Ahh, ok. Well it was the first time I dont this test so wasn't expecting to be good at all hehehehahaha lol. (lol)

And thanks for the advice.

Gonna be rollin' in some heavy pussy after I smash this test! :D:D:D:D:D:DD:D:D:DD:D

DunfordBridge

Maybe a pussy is a nickname for some obscure kind of traction he expects to be driving if he is successful at application.

headshot119

Established Member
Ahh, ok. Well it was the first time I dont this test so wasn't expecting to be good at all hehehehahaha lol. (lol)

And thanks for the advice.

Gonna be rollin' in some heavy pussy after I smash this test! :D:D:D:D:D:DD:D:D:DD:D

My reaction to reading this O_O

Leaving aside the comedy for just one moment...

How does this stack up? Preferably in terms of good pass or borderline or fail rather than any kind of pussy based scoring system...
Screen Shot 2016-06-06 at 20.32.22.png

HLE

Established Member
Re-read the post above about omitted targets. Go as slow as a mouse then pick up pace once you have no omitted or incorrect.

Is the SCAAT even used now?

No idea, I have got the GBT nailed down to 54 rows no errors no omissions so figured I may as well have a go at SCAAT as well.

sfxdude

Noone here is going to be able to tell you the pass/fail mark or how well you're doing.

I'll repeat my original post - print the test off, do it with pen and paper and start off by going so slow you get 100% all the time. Then increase your speed afterwards.

Edit: the scaat is used by LU

Status
Not open for further replies.