• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

My Settle & Carlisle style viaduct - OO Gauge Layout

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Iskra

Established Member
Very nice, they are a good model, can be found at a decent price and are relevant to many potential layouts.

I picked up a couple of factory weathered silver ones with a bit of graffiti on them when they first come out and have always been very happy with them.

reddragon

Established Member
Very nice, they are a good model, can be found at a decent price and are relevant to many potential layouts.

I picked up a couple of factory weathered silver ones with a bit of graffiti on them when they first come out and have always been very happy with them.
I've managed to snap up another pair, pics next week when they arrive.

some pics of my ongoing track work on the sidings & suburban lines.

1655482138360.png
1655482170190.png

##update##

New wagons, the rake has become 3.

1655559697092.png
1655559675775.png

Last edited:

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Good stuff. Nearly ready for ballasting. ;)

reddragon

Established Member
Good stuff. Nearly ready for blasting. ;)
No rock so no need for 'blasting, just cutting ply! I will be adding some extra boards for the 3 extra through sidings already started and maybe a mini freight loco servicing point.

Lay track, lay more track, move tracks & lay tracks.

More cargo waggons on the way, weathered too!!

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
No rock so no need for 'blasting, just cutting ply! I will be adding some extra boards for the 3 extra through sidings already started and maybe a mini freight loco servicing point.

Lay track, lay more track, move tracks & lay tracks.

More cargo waggons on the way, weathered too!!

Hmm. Not quite sure what happened there but I’m leaving it as ‘blasting’. :lol:

Peter C

Established Member
I'm so sorry for going quiet @reddragon but I'm loving what you've got going on - there's something about having a layout of such a size which really appeals to me (as I expect it does to most modellers, to be fair)! :lol:

-Peter

reddragon

Established Member
I will be having a big clear out on eBay in the run up to Christmas further reducing my older fleets on Lima / Mainline.

I have a new loco arrival due imminently and more locos / stock on order. 2 wagons due to arrive tomorrow too!

I need a point and power connectors to continue with the rail yard.

###############

Next 2 wagons arrived, @Cowley will be happy about them, but I think they new a clean ;)

1655826135301.png

1655826169760.png

One arrived with a broken coupling, no spare online so needs to got at back or rake, 5 wagon rake now!

Last edited:

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I will be having a big clear out on eBay in the run up to Christmas further reducing my older fleets on Lima / Mainline.

I have a new loco arrival due imminently and more locos / stock on order. 2 wagons due to arrive tomorrow too!

I need a point and power connectors to continue with the rail yard.

###############

Next 2 wagons arrived, @Cowley will be happy about them, but I think they new a clean ;)

View attachment 116521

View attachment 116522

One arrived with a broken coupling, no spare online so needs to got at back or rake, 5 wagon rake now!

Oh yes. :)
Graffiti as well! Love it (on a model).

reddragon

Established Member
Another arrival today, took some bargaining but there's so many deals on at the mo!

1656325570123.png

Extending the short yard sidings to the left to create some more through sidings.

1656325628360.png1656325650832.png

The beast has arrived!

1656515820951.png

Last edited:

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
That is a very nice Deltic. Have you run it yet?

reddragon

Established Member
That is a very nice Deltic. Have you run it yet?
Accurascale DCC sound, heaviest loco in OO gauge apparently so powerful it will pull the couplings off rather than stop! It's not a one handed lift!

It commands the track, it's the boss no troublesome trucks for this loco!

Takes 1st place on my loco list knocking off Hattons 66

Peter C

Established Member
These Accurascale Deltics do seem to have knocked it out of the park with regards to their high quality, from what I've seen online. The sound was amazing on an example I heard!

-Peter

reddragon

Established Member
These Accurascale Deltics do seem to have knocked it out of the park with regards to their high quality, from what I've seen online. The sound was amazing on an example I heard!

-Peter
Add to that their locos are just £160 DC or £250 with DCC sound (about the price of a basic Hornby / Bachmann loco) a bargain too!

Peter C

Established Member
Add to that their locos are just £160 DC or £250 with DCC sound (about the price of a basic Hornby / Bachmann loco) a bargain too!
Most definitely - just goes to show what can be achieved when you get people who really know their stuff and want to make the best model possible!

-Peter

reddragon

Established Member
They have lights, cab lights, control panel lights, engine room lights, 30 functions, AWD, twin speakers, capacitor bank, minute details including a fully detailed cab interior, link chains from bogie to body, full underside detail too, metal handrails, detailed hand painted parts AND customer service that make Hornby look light a back street dodgy dealer!!

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I wish they’d get into N gauge. It looks amazing when you zoom in.

Peter C

Established Member
They have lights, cab lights, control panel lights, engine room lights, 30 functions, AWD, twin speakers, capacitor bank, minute details including a fully detailed cab interior, link chains from bogie to body, full underside detail too, metal handrails, detailed hand painted parts AND customer service that make Hornby look light a back street dodgy dealer!!
That's absolutely superb. I must look into getting one of their models - aren't they working on a GWR 'Manor'? I might see if I can get one of those at some point in the distant future, assuming they're any good... ;)

Not mine but hey! Lit instruments

View attachment 116907
I need one of those memes - "shut up and take my money!" :lol:

-Peter

reddragon

Established Member
Their new 37 has even more detail, the 92 DCC controlled pantos and a new announcement tomorrow.

Coaches have fully detailed interiors and lighting, not just a light strip.

################
6th July

My class 450 is now an 8-car unit :) 450 073 + 127

1657111848058.png

My FGW HST now has 7 FGW blue coaches, just coach C to get.

############

3x GWR MK3s to sell, Coach D - TS 42005; Coach K TRUB 40755; coach L TF 41160 all boxed up and ready to be listed in the Autumn (or offers earlier)

##############

My Mainline Mark 1 rake being hauled by Mainline 56.084 to the departure sidings

1657133895130.png

And being shunted by 09.010 for the crane to lift them off the tracks

1657133938304.png

Like a scrap line awaiting craning into boxes for transport away

1657133985983.png

The RBR will be staying as it's allocated to a new rake due in a few months

Last edited:

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Their new 37 has even more detail, the 92 DCC controlled pantos and a new announcement tomorrow.

Coaches have fully detailed interiors and lighting, not just a light strip.

################
6th July

My class 450 is now an 8-car unit :) 450 073 + 127

View attachment 117235

My FGW HST now has 7 FGW blue coaches, just coach C to get.

############

3x GWR MK3s to sell, Coach D - TS 42005; Coach K TRUB 40755; coach L TF 41160 all boxed up and ready to be listed in the Autumn (or offers earlier)

##############

My Mainline Mark 1 rake being hauled by Mainline 56.084 to the departure sidings

View attachment 117250

And being shunted by 09.010 for the crane to lift them off the tracks

View attachment 117251

Like a scrap line awaiting caning into boxes for transport away

View attachment 117252

The RBR will be staying as it's allocated to a new rake due in a few months

Oh it’s nice to see those older models actually. I must admit that I never had the 56 but they did look good.

Peter C

Established Member
Loving the 450s in particular there @reddragon - shame they're so awfully expensive, else I might have one on Oldmoor! (we'll ignore the lack of a third rail on my layout: it doesn't stop the 4-VEP from working) :lol:

-Peter

reddragon

Established Member
Loving the 450s in particular there @reddragon - shame they're so awfully expensive, else I might have one on Oldmoor! (we'll ignore the lack of a third rail on my layout: it doesn't stop the 4-VEP from working) :lol:

-Peter
£250 BNIB

################
An unusual addition to my maroon rake is a Mk2 FK, a rare early Mk2. On its test run it demonstrated magic powers, the ability to bring any loco to a stand and weld itself to the track. Even I was unable to push it along & had to lift it off the tracks! Fiddled with the bogies, popped a slightly awry chassis back into the body & it was fine.

1657270413786.png

More on track work, nearly completing the exit of the yard. The RH section holds long freights up to 20 wagons, the LH section up to 7/8 coaches. The exit curve needs realigning as it's too tight & I have an access point for a loco stabling point there too!

1657270571163.png 1657270619817.png
1657270593544.png

Last edited:

Peter C

Established Member
£250 BNIB
Oh wow - so not as absolutely awful as I was expecting, but not amazingly cheap then either! Though I suppose with a four-car multiple unit nowadays you can't expect to spend tuppence on it... ;)

An unusual addition to my maroon rake is a Mk2 FK, a rare early Mk2. On its test run it demonstrated magic powers, the ability to bring any loco to a stand and weld itself to the track. Even I was unable to push it along & had to lift it off the tracks! Fiddled with the bogies, popped a slightly awry chassis back into the body & it was fine.

View attachment 117301
Now that is very nice, isn't it? Shame you had issues to begin with but really good that you sorted it.

More on track work, nearly completing the exit of the yard. The RH section holds long freights up to 20 wagons, the LH section up to 7/8 coaches. The exit curve needs realigning as it's too tight & I have an access point for a loco stabling point there too!

View attachment 117302 View attachment 117304
View attachment 117303
I'm fairly sure I've said before how I love the scale of your layout. The size makes it so much more realistic for a modern image mainline: though that's definitely not to say that a smaller layout can't be realistic - quite the opposite, in fact! I'm sure I've asked before, so apologies, but when do you expect to start some of the scenic work?

-Peter