• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

My Top 10 Railway Station to trainspot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon Poole

i been thinking about some of the places i been to this year and decided to share but these are my top 10 Railway Stations that i been to take photos or Videos which i enjoyed on a good day out

1. Tamworth (High and Low Level)
1. Peterborough
3. Oxford
4. Crewe
5. York
6. Dorridge
7. London Kings Cross
8. London Liverpool Street
9. Rugeley Trent Valley (hometown)
10. Kings Norton

please feel free to put your top 5 or 10 of your favorite stations to trainspot, take photos or videos

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mikehcfc

I havent got a top ten as have only been to York and Doncaster.What makes you put York in the list at all.The place isnt the best to see everything that goes through,Not to mention you miss most of the freight that doesnt even touch the station

eddygrim

is tamworth good??? never been, would u recomend??? i live in crewe and get most of the stock at tamworth but what else do you get there?

Dave R

is tamworth good??? never been, would u recomend??? i live in crewe and get most of the stock at tamworth but what else do you get there?

I went the other week, low level has 390s, 350s, 221s and usually some freight (although i didnt see any when i went); high level has 170s, 220s, 221s and the occasional HST, when i went i saw various dbs and freightliner 66s and a 60 on the daily (except sunday) westerleigh-lindsey tanks.

Just remember to let the station staff know what you are doing there, namely that your there doing amateur photography (some companies are funny about pros doing it ask snapper!) and let them know when you're leaving, just out of courtesy.

If you keep them sweet & keep out of their way, then you should have no problems.

455driver

Veteran Member
And dont congregate around the top of the stairs (like a lot of people do :roll:)

455driver

Veteran Member
You know what I mean, IE there is already a small group of enthusiasts there!
(where is the "poke tongue out" smilly when you want one ;))

455driver

Veteran Member
Chuff chuff, I no allowed a drink, got to work early in da mornin :cry:.

rail-britain

Established Member
I hardly ever visit stations now, finding other locations across the network

Such as :
Beattock Summit / Abington Loop
Scout Green
Stafford / Norton Bridge
Sandy (the car park adjacent to the station)
Claypole Level Crossing

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
My top ten until 3 October 2009 were:
Dean Lane
Hollinwood
Failsworth
Oldham Werneth
Oldham Mumps
Derker
Shaw & Crompton
Milnrow
New Hey
Not sure about a tenth one.

Not amazing, but no-one will ever see heavy rail on there again. Regretably. Don't even get me started on its closure. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.