My Transexual Summer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by starrymarkb, 16 Nov 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starrymarkb

starrymarkb Established Member

Is anyone else watching this series, it looked a bit tacky in the trailers but I'm glad I recorded and watched. I have so much admiration for the courage of those involved given the abuse and discrimination they recieve.

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. district

district Member

Planning in watching this as I have a keen interest in LGBT matters and I am dealing with a case of homophobic abuse tomorrow. Trailers I agree do look a bit cheap/tacky.

4. pinkpanther

pinkpanther Member

Nice to see a couple of positive comments - transition ain't easy, and it has a tendency to muck you up for a while.

Of course these documentaries always seem to focus on people at that vulnerable stage rather than a few years later when they're sorted and just getting on with stuff (by which time, the media is no longer interested. "Too normal", perhaps?). :roll:

5. Kernowfem

Kernowfem Member

Indeed. Society can be so bloody cruel. It must be horrendous to be trapped inside the wrong body. Why are people under the impression that people "choose" to feel like they do.

It's not a choice, it's who they are and i wish them all peace and inner happiness with themselves.

6. chris89

chris89 Established Member

I myself haven't seen any trailers for this so can't judge if it's tacky or not.

But i have the upmost respect for these people who are transitioning or trying to, as i can't imagine how it would feel to be trapped in the wrong body.

Also like others i am a supporter for LGBT issues and go by if people want to be happy and enjoy their lives the way they want to, they shouldn't be stopped at all.

Chris

7. Wyvern

Wyvern Established Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.