• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

"Mystery" LNER set on platform 6 at York?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greyman42

Established Member
There was a 8xx set on platform 6 at York at approx. 1645 on Thursday 16 June. I cannot find any details of it on RTT. Does anyone know what it was?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JonathanH

Veteran Member
There was a 8xx set on platform 6 at York at approx. 1645 on Thursday 16 June. I cannot find any details of it on RTT. Does anyone know what it was?
1D17 1403 London Kings Cross to Leeds was diverted direct to York after Doncaster due to disruption and its return working 1A41 1718½ Doncaster to London Kings Cross ran from York to start at Doncaster.

greyman42

Established Member
Thanks. I thought it might be a Leeds divert but expected to find it on RTT.

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Thanks. I thought it might be a Leeds divert but expected to find it on RTT.
RTT doesn't have the functionality to show trains at calling points not in their schedule. Presumably Network Rail can direct a service to run to York instead of Leeds without a new schedule being created.

XAM2175

Established Member
Presumably Network Rail can direct a service to run to York instead of Leeds without a new schedule being created.
No, a very-short-term plan schedule for York to Doncaster was created and loaded, with the same 'headcode' 1A41 but a different unique ID:

It then picked up the original 1A41 schedule at Doncaster:

Established Member
1D17 1403 London Kings Cross to Leeds was diverted direct to York after Doncaster due to disruption and its return working 1A41 1718½ Doncaster to London Kings Cross ran from York to start at Doncaster.
That was a Mk 4 not an Azuma.

Status
Not open for further replies.