• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

mystery sleeper identification

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikcdab

Hi all, I have had a load of reclaimed sleepers delivered for a garden project. One of them has the plate shown in the attached picture still on it.
Can anyone tell me what this plate might signify?
The sleeper has an extra set of bolt holes at the end which leads me to believe it may have been from third rail territory....
Thanks

Attachments

• 20150407_131720.jpg
    20150407_131720.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 157
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

nlogax

Established Member
Hi all, I have had a load of reclaimed sleepers delivered for a garden project. One of them has the plate shown in the attached picture still on it.
Can anyone tell me what this plate might signify?
The sleeper has an extra set of bolt holes at the end which leads me to believe it may have been from third rail territory....
Thanks

Looks to me like you've got an old Central line sleeper. CEBFA - 'Central line East Bound..', not what what the rest stands for, but I believe it's a TfL road designation. Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.