• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mystery Train?

Status
Not open for further replies.

khib70

Probably not all that mysterious to the multitudes of the knowledgeable on here, but here goes...

I can see the ECML about a mile East of Waverley from my front window. In recent days I've seen a rake of about 8 or 9 assorted but obviously vintage coaches come past in both up and down directions with a 67 on each end. One 67 is in the old EWS livery and the other one, IIRC is grey.

Any ideas? Presumably a charter?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
It sounds like the EWS Executive train

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

jopsuk

Veteran Member
no it doesn't- that's got a (silver) DVT at one end, three near-identical (apart from windows) maroon carriages and a 67 (usually silver) at the other.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Are you sure it's eight or nine coaches? Because that sounds a lot like the loco hauled fife circle trains that run in the morning and evening peak but I don't think they're that long.

khib70

Are you sure it's eight or nine coaches? Because that sounds a lot like the loco hauled fife circle trains that run in the morning and evening peak but I don't think they're that long.
Definitely something like that. Three or four are blue and white (not BR colours) Pullman/Orient Express looking things and the other four or so are in the old BR maroon colour, but don't look like Mk1's.

Thanks for all the suggestions BTW

fgwrich

Established Member
Definitely something like that. Three or four are blue and white (not BR colours) Pullman/Orient Express looking things and the other four or so are in the old BR maroon colour, but don't look like Mk1's.

Thanks for all the suggestions BTW

Could it be a charter stock move though? As the Blue and White pullman looking coaches sound rather like the Riviera Trains 'Great Briton' Mk2s, with the rest sounding like the EWS BR Maroon Mk2s - Especially top and tailed by 67s....However, im not sure of any tours up that way though?

Attachments

• GB2.jpg
    GB2.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 37

dubscottie

Last edited:

SussexSpotter

Probably not all that mysterious to the multitudes of the knowledgeable on here, but here goes...

I can see the ECML about a mile East of Waverley from my front window. In recent days I've seen a rake of about 8 or 9 assorted but obviously vintage coaches come past in both up and down directions with a 67 on each end. One 67 is in the old EWS livery and the other one, IIRC is grey.

Any ideas? Presumably a charter?

Could it be the Royal Train?

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Could it be the Royal Train?

Unlikely, the Royal Train is at maximum seven coaches but more importantly is entirely made up of maroon carriages (and theoretically two maroon 67s but recently they've been using the silver 67 which is in the Jubilee livery) and wouldn't have any blue/white coaches in the mix.

Mr Spock

Unlikely, the Royal Train is at maximum seven coaches but more importantly is entirely made up of maroon carriages (and theoretically two maroon 67s but recently they've been using the silver 67 which is in the Jubilee livery) and wouldn't have any blue/white coaches in the mix.

I saw the Royal Train through Rugby this week and it had 10 coaches so not sure where you get your maximum of 7 from.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I saw the Royal Train through Rugby this week and it had 10 coaches so not sure where you get your maximum of 7 from.

A miscount on my part, apologies (though I blame it on the time of the night!!). I believe there are in fact eleven vehicles in the maroon livery.

Status
Not open for further replies.