• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Nairn across Britain on iPlayer (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LWB

This is really a bump of a thread from 2015 but that thread has been sealed so, just in case anyone has missed these two rail-centric films ......

There are some rail based films on iPlayer at most times but Nairn across Britain on iPlayer covers the Settle & Carlisle facing closure in early 70s with some good quality footage. More topically it goes on to cover the Waverley closure with desparate footage of Riccarton Jn et al in decay.:'(
Also, the 'Engines must not enter the potato siding' does the same for the Woodhead tragedy'.
Dear God what bleak times they were.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Anything with Ian Nairn's name on it is always worth watching or reading (at least one of his books, 'Nairn's London', is still available.) A misfit, by his own admission, I came across him, down on his luck, when I was working for Camden Council in the 1970s. I only wish I could have done more for him. RIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.