• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Narborough station

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alistair G.

I have visited this station recently and was surprised, it is all punted in East Midlands trains colours, all the posters are regarding East Midlands trains and yet..... There are no East Midlands trains services from this station.

They don't even pass through the station, it's only cross country (and freight of course) that stop and also pass through narborough.

Why do East Midlands trains have control of this station?. If I wanted to enquire about vacancies do I still go to East Midlands trains or do cross country take charge of recruitment??.

All just very strange?!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

thenorthern

Established Member
The station is managed by East Midlands Trains as CrossCountry Trains don't manage any stations, I think its because it would be difficult for CrossCountry to manage stations given their large operating but I am not sure. So yes you would need to contact East Midlands Trains.

There are many other stations in a similar situation such as Burton-on-Trent, Wilnecote and Coleshill Parkway.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Why do East Midlands trains have control of this station?
There are not many stations served exclusively by CrossCountry so it's doubtful it would be economical for CrossCountry to manage these stations, due to economies of scale. The stations would not all be geographically near each other, which would further increase costs.

If I wanted to enquire about vacancies do I still go to East Midlands trains or do cross country take charge of recruitment??
The staff are employed by EMT, so contact EMT.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
There are many other stations in a similar situation such as Burton-on-Trent, Wilnecote and Coleshill Parkway.
Agreed. See: Trivia: Stations not called at by managing TOC

swt_passenger

Veteran Member

To follow up from that thread, now that I found the 2007 XC ITT, this is what it says about stations:

3.13 Stations and Access
There will be no requirement in the New Cross Country Franchise for the Franchisee to act as a Stations Facilities Operator (SFO).
3.13.1 Station Facilities and Services for New Cross Country Franchise Passengers
The Franchisee will be expected to work with SFOs at locations which New Cross Country Franchise trains will call at in order to optimise the level of service which New Cross Country Franchise customers will receive.
The Franchisee will be required to set up a means of assessing and monitoring the level of service delivery as part of their Service Quality Management System (SQMS).
3.13.2 Stations at Which Only New Cross Country Services Will Call
At certain locations the New Cross Country Franchise will be the only TOC to call at the station which will be managed by another TOC acting as SFO. The Bidder is required to demonstrate how specific attention will be shown to these locations and how the Bidder intends to ensure that an appropriate standard of services and environment will be provided to New Cross Country Franchise customers.

http://webarchive.nationalarchives....vitationtotender/integratednewcrosscounty.pdf

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.