• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Narrow Gauge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bittern

Established Member
Hey there,

I have ambitious plans for a layout. It includes a Standard Gauge branch or secondary route, with one or two through stations and a small shed. It would be constructed as a loop, but tunnels and scenery changes should hide this. This would no doubt be OO gauge. A mixture of tank and tender steam and diesel would see use.

I also have plans to include a narrow gauge railway. The line would be mainly steam powered, and haul mostly freight (coal, steel etc.) but have some passenger trains here and there as a semi-preserved line. The gauge would depend on what narrow gauge models are easiest to obtain. A mixture of tank and tender steam would see use, with maybe one or two industrial diesels if possible.

Now, does anyone know where I'd get narrow gauge stuff (track, infrastructure, wagons, coaches and the all-important locos)? I'm not too keen on model kits, but if that's all there is, that's all there is.
I've googled with little success, but am keen to see if anyone can offer any assistance.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

EM2

Established Member
Status
Not open for further replies.