• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

NATEX New liveried HST's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demps

First of, Froth.

How many is there now in this livery, last time i was on here there was only one, and it was MTU.

Thirdly, is it possible for me to hitch one of these to newcastle? I mean, knowing im going to travel on a NATEX hst in the new livery. I guess not, but its worth a try on here.

Dempsey.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

djw1981

Established Member
The PCs are being reliveried at EC and IIRC there are now 3 if not 4. There is only one set of coaches though. The PC will be separated from the coaches, as they are on different maintenance schedules, and also get re-jigged if there are PC failures (an HST cannot operate on only one PC north of Perth / Dundee)

There are TWO sets of stock. EC58 (painted) came out of Wabtec at the start of last week and went straight into service. EC60 (vinyled) was the launch set.

me123

Established Member
Woo! I was on the only set last week! Looks very nice in real life, nicer than in any photos I've seen anyway. Suits the coaches really well, but I don't think the power cars'll look fantastic TBH. It too had GNER power cars at either end (last Wednesday).

O L Leigh

Established Member
I have to say that the 'one' mainline set in the new livery is beginning to grow on me. In some respects it's very reminiscent of the original prototype HST livery of BR grey and blue and looks to my eyes very classy. In fact, I think I'm going to have to do something about my siggie line, as the Mk4 mock-up does the real train no justice whatsoever.

one TN

Daniel

Established Member
Yorkie, me and Josh saw a set through Doncaster, which, IIRC, had two blue power cars and a full rake of NXEC MK3's.

I have to say that the 'one' mainline set in the new livery is beginning to grow on me. In some respects it's very reminiscent of the original prototype HST livery of BR grey and blue and looks to my eyes very classy. In fact, I think I'm going to have to do something about my siggie line, as the Mk4 mock-up does the real train no justice whatsoever.

one TN

The original NatEx HST (vinyled) is getting very dirty and is starting to look hideous. It doesn't look too bad when clean, but white for a diesel train is not a sensible livery!

Status
Not open for further replies.