• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

National bve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Snap

Established Member
darkavenger38 said:
hey there, i am just sorting out a few thing before fully setting it up, should be ready in a few days

Regards
Tom

Did you get my PM Tom, I hope you can incorperate what I suggested, as it would really enhance the idea! :D

T

Tom

So its a VR... VRs are a waste of time most of the time, they fold within a few weeks.

The Snap

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
So its a VR... VRs are a waste of time most of the time, they fold within a few weeks.

You have had experience with this Tom in MSTS, but none of us have. We will try and see what happens. :)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
If this is like Inter-Network Rail, I daresay it'll be down soon enough.

Don't get me wrong, it's fun whilst it lasts, but it soon gets too much, gets boring, whatever the situation may be.

Enjoy it whilst the fun lasts. Don't say we didn't warn you.

Harold

darkavenger38 said:
hey there, i am just sorting out a few thing before fully setting it up, should be ready in a few days

Regards
Tom

Sounds good Tom! Look forward to it.

darkavenger38

hi there, thanks to everyone for their thoughts but as new scenarios become available to the route it will become more interesting with each time, and dont forget real drivers do often drive the same routes day in day out

Regards
Tom

Tom B

Established Member
Good look with the idea. I was involved in a VR a few years back for MSTS (along with Alex) and it does take a *lot* of time - to get it to any size you will need several people to look after it. Some form of script to do the work for you would be strongly suggested.

Nick

FGWFan said:
If this is like Inter-Network Rail, I daresay it'll be down soon enough.

Inter-Network Rail is still going strong after 1 and a half years Julian :)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Apologies, it'll lose members soon enough then perhaps. I certainly lost interest in running a TOC after a while. The real thing was more to my liking. Still, it's fun whilst it lasts.

Nick

FGWFan said:
Apologies, it'll lose members soon enough then perhaps. I certainly lost interest in running a TOC after a while. The real thing was more to my liking. Still, it's fun whilst it lasts.

Yes I do agree with your points raised Julian. The complexity of the game is indeed a bore and it is far more fun doing more pratical activities about trains (nothing sinister! Just good old riding or spotting). Yes it was fun whilst it lasted, but indeed all good things must come to an end, even though it is still going!

Anyway, this Virtual BVE TOC should be more pratical about being teh driver and everyone else doing the work for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.