• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

National Express and Megabus-Service car or duplicate vehicle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin2012

When traveling on a National Express(or Megabus) journey do you prefer to travel on the service car or do you like to have the opportunity to travel on a duplicate coach(if there is one running)?

I personally much prefer a journey where I get to travel on a duplicate vehicle from an operator's private hire fleet as opposed to just a bog standard caetano levante but my understanding is that some passengers don't approve of having to travel on duplicates.

The only times I've ever wanted to travel on a service car over the dupe have been due to the vehicle being used on that, or in one instance, when the dupe was being loaded to full capacity but the service car had lots of spare seats.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

quarella

When traveling on a National Express(or Megabus) journey do you prefer to travel on the service car or do you like to have the opportunity to travel on a duplicate coach(if there is one running)?

I personally much prefer a journey where I get to travel on a duplicate vehicle from an operator's private hire fleet as opposed to just a bog standard caetano levante but my understanding is that some passengers don't approve of having to travel on duplicates.

The only times I've ever wanted to travel on a service car over the dupe have been due to the vehicle being used on that, or in one instance, when the dupe was being loaded to full capacity but the service car had lots of spare seats.

A duplicate should be loaded first, however facilities usually available may be lacking and some people like what they know. A full duplicate got me home once about an hour earlier than timetabled going non stop. The service car 'should' call at all pick up points. I don't know what happens now when I was working for a coach firm in the nineties the pick up points were often split between the service car and the duplicate, sometimes sensibly but some National Express drivers won themselves no friends by cherry picking the easy stops.

Status
Not open for further replies.