• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

National Fares Manual 01 available on CD-ROM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ben

Anyone know if this is a programme or simply just the files transfered onto a blank CD?

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
It's not a programme, but I am told it's a program called Avantix Traveller ;)

First class

Established Member
Yeah it is Avantix Traveller. Produced by AtosOrigin again. I wonder how long before someone might be able to offer a download link... :)

First class

Established Member
Does anybody know if you install the RJIS software onto a PC, whether you would be able to use the features at home, i.e. CRS and Journey lookup? I know you need a username/password, which i've got, just wondered if anyone knew if you need a specific network connection... Don't want to install it and get sacked cos they can trace me!!

bluenoxid

Established Member
Will it show who prices each route with this Cross Country farce that is going on?

First class

Established Member
Will it show who prices each route with this Cross Country farce that is going on?

Yes it should do. It lists each available fare for a journey, including AP, and gives a good description of the restriction. As long as you know the operator abrieviation, you can tell who sets any fare.

Probably not a bad investment for around £10...

glynn80

Established Member
Does anybody know if you install the RJIS software onto a PC, whether you would be able to use the features at home, i.e. CRS and Journey lookup? I know you need a username/password, which i've got, just wondered if anyone knew if you need a specific network connection... Don't want to install it and get sacked cos they can trace me!!

To connect to RJIS I believe you need a network connection directly into it, what exactly would you want to use it for that you couldn't get elsewhere or did you just want to ease of fares, reservations and timetabling all in one?

First class

Established Member
Yeah mainly just ease and used to it from work. Managed to get a copy from Rail House anyway... guess it's a bit useless.

Will just get the new Advantix and use CRS at work...

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Send us a copy and we'll work it out for you and let you know ;)

Anyone know how to get Avantix Traveller to give you prices for Rovers?
I've found the codes (FOSW, FOSS etc) but you can't put identical origin and destination or leave either blank, and any other origin/destiation I try with the Rover codes gives me a 'No Fares Available'message.

dan_atki

Established Member
Anyone know how to get Avantix Traveller to give you prices for Rovers?
I've found the codes (FOSW, FOSS etc) but you can't put identical origin and destination or leave either blank, and any other origin/destiation I try with the Rover codes gives me a 'No Fares Available'message.

Normally an Origin of a station the rover is valid it with the Destination of the rover name gives out the price. Sometimes this won't work and a station outside the area as the origin sometimes works. Also sometimes railcard discounts are not handled correctly either. (On NFM95s Avantix anyway - not sure if it is the same on this one).

I believe some of the ranger/rover prices in Avantix though aren't 100% correct though and I advise you to check the relevant part of the fares manual at: http://www.atoctravelagents.org/clientfiles/File/Rail Directory/NFM99/NFM99 G.pdf

Edvid

Established Member
I may sound stupid asking this, but what the hell - does the CD-ROM contain all sections of NFM01 (i.e. fares information and explanatory notes)?

Daniel

Established Member
Yes. Just got it in the post this morning, it's basically the same as the one which they put on the website accidently a while ago. One thing I did notice, where 'SDR' has changed to 'Anytime Day Return', they have changed the name on the ticket description, but the 'SDR' abbreviation still remains in the column on the fares overview.

Working on Mac (OSX 10.5.4 Leopard) via Crossover, albeit with a few bugs:

my.php

Last edited:

First class

Established Member
Yes. Just got it in the post this morning, it's basically the same as the one which they put on the website accidently a while ago. One thing I did notice, where 'SDR' has changed to 'Anytime Day Return', they have changed the name on the ticket description, but the 'SDR' abbreviation still remains in the column on the fares overview.

Working on Mac (OSX 10.5.4 Leopard) via Crossover, albeit with a few bugs:

my.php

Aww, you guna upload it for us all? :D

jv3531

Would strongly advise against distributing it until your sure its going to work. This is usualy a licenced copy and downloading it or even uploading it is a breach of copywrite law. As far as I am aware, you would need to access it through the rail IT network server which is not normally available to anyone outside unless you have the proper drivers and software and then only to registered external users.

If you are going to try it, try it on an internet free standalone PC first to check. Saves a lot of hassle just in case.....

Status
Not open for further replies.