• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

National Rail Enquiries Service (NRES) defective 06/03

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surreytraveller

On Moderation
Its Saturday. There's a load of engineering works going on. And the National Rail Live Departures website isn't working.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Are all stations featured on Tiger, can’t find Llandudno...?
No, sadly not. I think it may depend on the station operator.

Fortunately almost all the one I use are on there, to the point that I frequently forget some aren't! Apologies for that.

Of course there are the numerous open data websites too, such as Open Train Times etc. OTT and Traksy are good for maps if people want to see exactly where their train is. (OTT can be more detailed in some areas whereas Traksy has a lot more coverage)

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
No, there’s significant areas it doesn’t cover. It’s not that brilliant a recommendation is it, but it’s deffo good for detail if you are in coverage. Wasn’t it one of the first with train lengths?

greaterwest

Established Member
Does anyone use National Rail Enquiries for train times these days?

For departure boards, Tiger is good:

For example here is the 'CIS summary' option for York:

Click on a destination and it will show you the calling points and arrival times.

No tigers in Ipswich, seems quite a few stations missing.

No, there’s significant areas it doesn’t cover. It’s not that brilliant a recommendation is it, but it’s deffo good for detail if you are in coverage. Wasn’t it one of the first with train lengths?

Try https://tiger.worldline.global instead, which should list any station controlled by Worldline's ATOS CIS system.

For what it's worth, I believe today's issues are caused by a Darwin failure, which means online services such as National Rail Enquiries may be showing outdated information.

station_road

Try https://tiger.worldline.global instead, which should list any station controlled by Worldline's ATOS CIS system.

For what it's worth, I believe today's issues are caused by a Darwin failure, which means online services such as National Rail Enquiries may be showing outdated information.

Interesting that the 'Mobile' view on that link and then clicking on the train details shows the reservation levels in coaches, same as the CIS screens at some stations (for some operators at least- Avanti and Cross Country are showing).

I haven't seen that on any other public websites, and it doesn't appear on other views on that same link. Formatting of longer trains needs a bit of work!

g22

A whole host of MML stations are not on that Tiger thing mentioned above. Derby, Leicester, Kettering etc...

Last edited:

brad465

Established Member
While not the same day as in the OP, today National Rail Enquiries appears to be completely inaccessible, having tried on both my desktop and phone. RTT is substituting fine for now, although there are services I find are easier done on the former vs the latter.

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
While not the same day as in the OP, today National Rail Enquiries appears to be completely inaccessible, having tried on both my desktop and phone. RTT is substituting fine for now, although there are services I find are easier done on the former vs the latter.

They have Tweeted this:

National Rail on Twitter: "You may be experiencing issues accessing the National Rail Website. We are currently investigating. Access via https://t.co/QQdksmHlh2 still available" / Twitter

You may be experiencing issues accessing the National Rail Website. We are currently investigating. Access via https://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk still available

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
I've been trying to get it today, and failing; I haven't had any messages saying why, though.

bangor-toad

Hi,
I get the notifications e-mailed to me. Here's the last one:
National Rail Website - 31/03/21 - Update
The issue with the unavailability of www.nationalrail.co.uk remains ongoing. After extensive investigations we have concluded that the issue is DNS (global addressbook for websites) related and we don’t think most UK Internet Service Providers (ISPs) are refreshing their systems with the changes that we implemented this morning. We can only conclude that this may take until tomorrow morning (24 hours since our implementation) to resolve itself. It is worth noting that if you access the website via another county then www.nationalrail.co.uk does work.
Please be advised that the Online Journey Planner (https://OJP.nationalrail.co.uk) still remains available so does m.nationalrail.co.uk on mobile devices, the NRE Mobile Apps and the XML feeds are all working.
We believe we have no other option but to monitor the situation and wait for the UK Internet Service Providers (ISPs) to refresh their systems.
Further updates will be communicated at 18:00.

Cheers,
Mr Toad

Steddenm

This is what I get when trying to access the website on my mobile:
Screenshot_20210401-011228_Chrome.jpg

Image shows a screenshot of TalkTalk's error page saying that nationalrail.co.uk is unavailable.

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
Yes, it's back on my lap top as well, thank goodness.

All I want now, is to remove those pesky adverts from the bottom of the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.