• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

National Rail gobbledydook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penmorfa

This gem concerns next weeks closure of the WCML between Preston and Warrington:

'Trains between Blackpool North / Wigan North Western and Liverpool Lime Street will run St Helens Central and Liverpool Lime Street between Preston and Ormskirk'

I know what they are trying to say but what would an intending passenger make of it?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
They'd think the same thoughts as someone from India would think if I tried to write for the Indian Rail Enquiries ;)

Maybe it's the same person who wrote the easement gems on the ATOC website?

Are they trying to say that the trains between Blackpool & Liverpool are only running between St Helens and Liverpool?

And instead you should change at Ormskirk & Preston?

What dates is this for? Is there any more info or is that it?

(By the way, any chance of a hyperlink and QUOTE tags (
quote.gif
) please ?)

Penmorfa

They'd think the same thoughts as someone from India would think if I tried to write for the Indian Rail Enquiries ;)

Maybe it's the same person who wrote the easement gems on the ATOC website?

Are they trying to say that the trains between Blackpool & Liverpool are only running between St Helens and Liverpool?

And instead you should change at Ormskirk & Preston?

What dates is this for? Is there any more info or is that it?

(By the way, any chance of a hyperlink and QUOTE tags (
quote.gif
) please ?)

The line is closed between Preston/ Wigan/ St Helens so it's a bus service. To partly help the Preston to Ormskirk service is starting back at Blackpool North. It's for Northern Rail - Saturday 13 to Sunday 21 July

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/currentAndFuture.aspx

Last edited:

I know what they are trying to say but what would an intending passenger make of it?

Do you? In that case “you are a better man than me Gunga Din!” – Kipling 1892 – quote to keep the Mods and politically correct happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.