• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

National Rail restriction LG

Status
Not open for further replies.

embers25

Established Member
If I read this correctly, with a single ticket from Shrewsbury to Milton Keynes route TFW/WMR (£13) I can travel via Crewe on the 1559 with no issue as it leaves my departure station by 1559.

I ask as the restriction within booking engines refuses to sell any tickets on train after the 1424 as the connecting train from Crewe would leave after 1559. The restriction however states: "Not valid for travel on services timed to depart the origin station on the ticket after 15:59 and before 19:01" so it should sell the 1559 should it not?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Booking engines have to follow the electronic data restrictions.

If you want to use a ticket in accordance with the human readable restriction text, you could purchase it from a ticket office or machine, or alternatively you could buy it online by selecting a different train.

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
I don't suppose you've possibly seen the last couple of times this issue has been mentioned? For example here or here...

embers25

Established Member
I don't suppose you've possibly seen the last couple of times this issue has been mentioned? For example here or here...

I did google it and search in rail forums as I knew it had been covered before somewhere but it didn't come up for some reason. Feel free to lock/close and thanks Yorkie. I'll do my usual book an earlier one option.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Almost all of the ex-LM Off Peaks and Super Off Peaks have this issue - they have "A connecting train may be used to complete a journey begun at a valid time" which it is not possible to implement in the electronic restrictions. As these are walk-up tickets and reservations are generally not possible (though if yours involves a TfW service then they are) it's best just to buy it from the TVM on the day. If it doesn't offer it for the same reason, just use the option the LNR TVMs have to buy for a different time.

These are less of an issue now than they were due to the through trains past New St, though still an issue in your case.

Staff know what the correct (human readable) restriction is and you will not be questioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.