• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

National Rail Ticket from Heathrow Underground doesn't work the gates

Status
Not open for further replies.

cav1975

For convenience on my return from trips abroad I often buy tickets to and from Heathrow Underground (starting from Rainham Kent) in advance over the internet and collect them from the machine at Rainham on my way to the airport. If I buy these as two singles - for example one peak and the other off peak with a network card - then the tickets from Heathrow never work the gates on the Underground. Fortunately I have not had any problem in getting the LUL staff to let me through.

What am I doing wrong?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

John @ home

Established Member
My guess is that you're doing absolutely nothing wrong.

It may well be that the Underground gates have been configured to indicate that Railcard discounted ticket holders should "Seek Assistance" so that LU staff have the opportunity to check that the appropriate valid Railcard is held.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I doubt you are doing anything wrong. But perhaps you could buy a ticket to Zone U1256 LONDN instead next time, and see if that works the barrier? The destination code is 0786, putting that code into any WebTIS powered site should find it.

cav1975

Thanks

It is the ticket FROM Heathrow that gives the problems, I'll try it out next time.

cav1975

Yes, certainly the off peak ticket gives problems. I can't remember if I have had the problem with a peak ticket FROM Heathrow.

wintonian

Established Member
Yes, certainly the off peak ticket gives problems. I can't remember if I have had the problem with a peak ticket FROM Heathrow.

Which route?

+Not valid on HS1

or

+Plus High speed

and what time are you trying to use it?

wintonian

Established Member
These are route +Not valid on HS1 and used after 1000 on a weekday.

The restrictions for 4A wich aply to this ticket are:

Restriction : 4A
OUTWARD TRAVEL

By any train except those
timed to depart
Mondays - Fridays before 0930,
and those shown in the table
below from London Paddington
and Reading.

The return has additional restrictions but as we are talking about a single the above apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.