• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

National RMT Signaller's Strike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lewisham2221

Established Member
Personally, as I see it, if you are prepared to strike and cause major disruption to people's plans, you should be equally prepared to take the resulting aggro from the people that have suffered as a result. At the end of the day, people aren't happy to happy to pay train fraes for a bus service, if it's signallers causing the reason for bustitution, then sorry, they aint gonna like you either.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheSlash

Established Member
I'd just like to register my full support for the signallers in they're strike.
I too was going to make a trip to London on Friday to meet a group of people who i haven't seen since Christmas, but i am happy to cancel that to support my fellow union members.

AlexS

Established Member
I can either let my railway down since I agreed to work both this weekend and next weekend, or I have to get up at 0530 now, after a full week of working. As far as I'm concerned, I won't let the railway down, but screw the signallers right off, they can piddle what little, if anything they will gain from this, up the wall.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
According to the FGW site the strike has been called off

ChrisM

Called off until next year when they will demand a 30 hour working week and a 10% payrise. :-P
Unions are like condoms, only good if used properly.

Guinness

Established Member
Excellent news! :)

Hopefully VT will reinstate Reservations on trains for my trip on Saturday. :)

Established Member
ChrisM said:
Unions are like condoms, only good if used properly.

Like you no doubt.

Oh those oh so militant, love to F*** everything up, dont give a t*** about anybody, and dont care about anything, no sympathy for the 'poor' commuters and dont care that children will be crying because they cant go on hoiday Signallers have decided not to strike. That must mean then that they are not militant, they dont love to F*** everything thing up, that they do give a T*** and do care about things, and love the Poor commuters and dont want to see children crying by stopping them from having a holiday.

At least everyone on here with a couple of exceptions are very happy.
Remember always cover up so that accidents dont happen.
keithy

Note the expletives were covered over by myself.

TicketMan

AlexS said:
Who says I'm anti union - I'm just anti THIS union :)

Tell you what - Just to keep AlexS happy, we'll all drop out of the RMT, and join TSSA - and let ourselves be walked all over whilst in a union that can't stand up for itself.

Railstaff will lose out, but it's okay cos the kids can go on holiday again, and you lot can still go trainspotting...

ChrisM

313103 said:
Like you no doubt.

Oh those oh so militant, love to F*** everything up, dont give a t*** about anybody, and dont care about anything, no sympathy for the 'poor' commuters and dont care that children will be crying because they cant go on hoiday Signallers have decided not to strike. That must mean then that they are not militant, they dont love to F*** everything thing up, that they do give a T*** and do care about things, and love the Poor commuters and dont want to see children crying by stopping them from having a holiday.

At least everyone on here with a couple of exceptions are very happy.
Remember always cover up so that accidents dont happen.
keithy

Note the expletives were covered over by myself.
Love it, a wimp trying to be hard.
Not sure what you are on about in the above quote but you sure aren't happy you missed a few extra days off are you.

Established Member
ChrisM said:
Love it, a wimp trying to be hard.
Not sure what you are on about in the above quote but you sure aren't happy you missed a few extra days off are you.

A wimp trying to be hard a bit rich since i would be prepared to argue the toss over anything with you. However would you want to meet me i doubt because you would find out what a wimp really is when you would end up losing your argument.

Not sure what you are on about in the above quote. Well how about 'Condoms' and 'Accidents' surely someone as clever and bright and know it all like you could figure that one out.

Sure aint happy you missed a few extra days off. Well that has irony as my roster was RD FRI, RD SAT, OFF SUN, RD MON & RD TUE. So i wouldnt have got any extra days off. Just my long weekend off. As i didnt want to work my days off.

Keithy

ChrisM

313103 said:
A wimp trying to be hard a bit rich since i would be prepared to argue the toss over anything with you. However would you want to meet me i doubt because you would find out what a wimp really is when you would end up losing your argument.

Not sure what you are on about in the above quote. Well how about 'Condoms' and 'Accidents' surely someone as clever and bright and know it all like you could figure that one out.

Sure aint happy you missed a few extra days off. Well that has irony as my roster was RD FRI, RD SAT, OFF SUN, RD MON & RD TUE. So i wouldnt have got any extra days off. Just my long weekend off. As i didnt want to work my days off.

Keithy
All in the context i would have thought.
Like i said Unions are good if used right EG (someone loses their job because of circumstances out of their control) but just for personal gains IMO is wrong.
I ain't a know it all and i never back out of anything i have my views and others have theirs and fair play to you for sticking to yours.
As for meeting you then fine we will sort it out i ain't bothered or worried, as to it sortings things out then who knows.

Guinness

Established Member
Coxster said:
Keep it cool guys...

It was a hot day today though.

Who give two dogs bollocks about who support RMT and who don't. Personally I'm neutral on this matter. :hippy2:

Status
Not open for further replies.