• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

National Routeing Guide update

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Get a refund, I suspect. This easement is probably to stop the fares coming up for buses from Slough that are in the railway timetable (didn't know there were any!) on which they're not meant to be valid.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

kieron

Established Member
The timetable has "fixed links" listed in it between Heathrow and Slough/Feltham (so it says it takes an hour to get between Feltham and Heathrow, rather than saying there's a bus leaving at such and such a time). The Reading and Woking buses are in the timetable, and these are the ones which have been cancelled.

What I was thinking was that, with temporary timetable changes, there is usually advice for what people should do if their journeys are disrupted. All I can find here is advice to speak to station staff. Whether you would then be allowed to use one of the various routes to Heathrow which are still running, or would need to pay for a different ticket, is left open.

kieron

Established Member
Some easements were removed from the routeing guide this afternoon.
Changes from 27 Apr 2020 (302) to 06 May 2020 (303).

Easement changes:

Removed:

700897 (Map) Due to engineering work diversions on the weekend of 25 and 26 April 2020, Cross Country services will be diverted between Cheltenham Spa and Bristol. This map easement will create temporary permitted routes via Swindon and Bath Spa and will apply in both directions.

700900 (Routeing Point) Due to engineering works and the replacement of trains with rail replacement bus services on the weekends of 09/09 February 2020, 29 February and 01 March 2020, 14 - 15 March 2020, Easter holiday 10 - 13 April 2020 and 18-19 April 2020. Tickets to and from Dagenham Dock, Rainham (Essex) and Purfleet priced (00114) VIA GRAYS, will be valid on rail replacement bus services travelling to Upminster.

700901 (Routeing Point) Due to engineering works and the replacement of trains with rail replacement bus services on weekends of 08-09 February 2020, 29 February - 01 March 2020, 14 - 15 March 2020, Easter holiday 10 - 13 April 2020 and 18-19 April 2020. Tickets to and from Dagenham Dock, Rainham (Essex) and Purfleet priced (00112) VIA BARKING, will be valid on rail replacement bus services travelling to Upminster.

700902 (Map) Due to engineering work, on the 02 - 03 May 2020 Cross Country services will be diverted between Cheltenham and Bristol via Swindon and Bath Spa. This map easement will operate in both directions
These are all temporary easements which have now expired.

kieron

Established Member
Some more changes were published yesterday (Thursday).
Changes from 06 May 2020 (303) to 07 May 2020 (304).
Permitted Route changes:
Preston (PRE) to Runcorn (RUN) gain JK+LC lose CU+CV
This journey is no longer valid via Manchester or via Bolton.

Easement changes:
Added:
700911 (Map) Customers travelling from or via Carlisle to Hunts Cross, Liverpool South Parkway, Edge Hill, Liverpool Lime Street or via Liverpool Lime Street, on tickets priced (00307) VIA LANCASTER, (00317) VIA PRESTON and (00457) AWC & CONNECTIONS may travel via Crewe, Runcorn and Liverpool South Parkway. This map easement applies in both directions.
A journey from Carlisle to Hunts Cross, Liverpool South Parkway, Edge Hill or Liverpool Lime Street was already valid valid via Crewe, Runcorn and Liverpool South Parkway. The route is shown on maps CG+CV, and the double back between Acton Bridge and Crewe is permitted by easement 700231.

This easement may be more useful for journeys via Carlisle and/or Liverpool, but I don't know where this would be particularly useful.

I'm not 100% sure, but the way this easement appears in the data file seems a bit off to me.

The data file uses a number of rows in a table for this easement, with different rows for journeys from, to and via the stations at each end. It doesn't include a row for journeys from Liverpool (etc.) which go via Carlisle, however.

Some of the rows quote the route code (00452) AWC &CONNECTIONS, and others use (00457) AP KETTERING instead. AP Kettering is used for journeys between St. Albans or Radlett and some places in Scotland such as Edinburgh. I don't know if this easement affects routes like that.

Most of the rows list Warrington Bank Quay as an "Applicable location", although the easement text does not specify that the route has to go that way rather than (say) via Manchester.

All of the rows list Hunts Cross as an "Applicable location". I don't know how exactly these should be interpreted, but someone travelling to Liverpool Lime Street via Crewe, Runcorn and Liverpool South Parkway wouldn't normally go through Hunts Cross.

I forgot to include this before, but the details for a route code were changed on Wednesday.

STRATFORD/LONDON (00003)
must go via London Liverpool Street (LST) or Stratford (SRA)
the route does not mention London
the route MAY include London

From what I can tell, this means that a ticket with this route is now valid for a journey which includes a London Terminal other than Liverpool Street. The Data Feed Specification lists this route an an example for a LONDON_MARKER of 2 (MAY include London), so it was perhaps a bit odd that it was something else.

kieron

Established Member
Some more changes were published this afternoon.
Changes from 07 May 2020 (304) to 13 May 2020 (305).

Permitted Route changes:
Carlisle (CAR) to Liverpool Group (G18) gain CG+EV
No effect. CG+CV (which was already a valid map combination) covered the same routes.

Kirkham & Wesham (KKM) to Runcorn (RUN) gain JP+CV
This journey now has mapped routes via Huyton (or rather, ones which use a straightforward route).

Tickets to Runcorn have "via Crewe", "via Liverpool" and "Avanti only" routes, and a "via Liverpool" ticket was already valid via Huyton. This change is more useful for journeys such as Blackpool North-Hartford, which only has "any permitted" tickets.

Easement changes:

Changed:

700911 (Map) Customers travelling from or via Carlisle to Hunts Cross, Liverpool South Parkway, Edge Hill, Liverpool Lime Street or via Liverpool Lime Street, on tickets priced (00307) VIA LANCASTER, (00317) VIA PRESTON and (00457)(00452) AWC & CONNECTIONS may travel via Crewe, Runcorn and Liverpool South Parkway. This map easement applies in both directions.
This changes a route code to match its description.

The version of this easement in the data file has changed a bit more. It now contains the above route codes, and no longer contains any from/to/via locations. The "Applicable Locations" are Crewe (CRE), Hunts Cross (HNX), Liverpool South Parkway (LPY), Runcorn (RUN), Warrington Central (WAC) & Warrington Bank Quay (WBQ).

kieron

Established Member
Some changes were made to the routeing guide yesterday, as follows:
Changes from 13 May 2020 (305) to 24 Jun 2020 (306).

Easement changes:

Removed:

700883 (Map) During engineering works on Sunday 16 February 2020, Cross Country services will be diverted between Reading and Southampton via Wokingham, Guildford and Havant. This map easement will apply in both directions.

700906 (Map) Due to engineering diversions on Sundays from 10 to 31 May 2020, Cross Country trains will be diverted between Leeds and Swinton. This map easement will create temporary routeing links for electronic journey planners that avoid travel through either the Wakefield or Pontefract group routeing points. It will apply in both directions.

700909 (Doubleback) Customers travelling via Motherwell and via Carlisle may double back between Carstairs and Edinburgh. This easement applies in both directions and applies until 30/05/2020.
These are all temporary easements with dates which have gone now.

Added:

700912 (Map) Customers travelling to Edinburgh and beyond, whose normal route is via Newcastle and Berwick upon Tweed, may travel via Carlisle during engineering works on Saturdays between 19 September and 31 October 2020 and Sundays 20 September - 11 October 2020. This map easement applies in both directions
There are engineering works planned somewhere along that section. On the date I checked, these are between Berwick and Drem, with LNER providing an hourly service to Edinburgh via Newcastle and Carlisle, and Crosscountry not running any passenger trains across the border.

Fare group changes:

Pontefract Baghill (PFR) is no longer a member of Pontefract Stations (0268).
Pontefract Tanshelf (POT) is now a member of Pontefract Stations (0268).
One effect of this is to make it more awkward (or perhaps more expensive) to buy tickets for a journey where you use a different line in each direction. Both stations remain part of the Pontefract routeing group, though.

This has already been changed in the fare list. I don't know how each version of the record is actually used.

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
One effect of this is to make it more awkward (or perhaps more expensive) to buy tickets for a journey where you use a different line in each direction. Both stations remain part of the Pontefract routeing group, though.

This has already been changed in the fare list. I don't know how each version of the record is actually used.
Yet another ludicrous change. So if you get a ticket to Pontefract Stations Group, it's not actually valid to travel to a station beginning with the word "Pontefract". But you can still travel via Pontefract Baghill in order to satisfy a Routeing Guide map that requires you to go via Pontefract Group Stations. Glad that's cleared up then...

Oh and if you happened to have a ticket routed "via Pontefract" (not that there's such a route), that would be a third kind of Pontefract that does actually include all the stations that are in Pontefract. But it wouldn't be referring to Pontefract Group Stations or Pontefract Stations Group.

TUC

Established Member
Yet another ludicrous change. So if you get a ticket to Pontefract Stations Group, it's not actually valid to travel to a station beginning with the word "Pontefract". But you can still travel via Pontefract Baghill in order to satisfy a Routeing Guide map that requires you to go via Pontefract Group Stations. Glad that's cleared up then...

Oh and if you happened to have a ticket routed "via Pontefract" (not that there's such a route), that would be a third kind of Pontefract that does actually include all the stations that are in Pontefract. But it wouldn't be referring to Pontefract Group Stations or Pontefract Stations Group.
What is the rationale for the change from a TOC viewpoint?

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
What is the rationale for the change from a TOC viewpoint?
It's not strictly the TOC that makes the change, but I expect Northern will have asked the RDG to make the change because they are worried about potential anomalies (I'll leave it at that). Quite frankly it's such an obscure matter that they are totally overthinking it. The same end could have been achieved much more effectively and less confusingly by simply adding a negative easement.

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
Fare group changes:

Pontefract Baghill (PFR) is no longer a member of Pontefract Stations (0268).
Pontefract Tanshelf (POT) is now a member of Pontefract Stations (0268).

This seems a bad misunderstanding by whoever is making these updates. The fares group list in the routeing guide data is used when interpreting the NFM64 fares in order to do the fares check. It is not supposed to represent the current state of the fares database. Unless RDG are proposing to also change the way the NFM64 fares are defined (surely that's not permitted?) then this will only have the effect of making the fares check always be impossible to do for a journey to or from Pontefract Baghill.

lyndhurst25

Established Member
This seems a bad misunderstanding by whoever is making these updates. The fares group list in the routeing guide data is used when interpreting the NFM64 fares in order to do the fares check. It is not supposed to represent the current state of the fares database. Unless RDG are proposing to also change the way the NFM64 fares are defined (surely that's not permitted?) then this will only have the effect of making the fares check always be impossible to do for a journey to or from Pontefract Baghill.

Shhhh. I wonder if the person who made this change has been spending the entire lockdown compiling a separate list of thousands of fares to just Pontfract Baghill?

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
I should say, pretending that Pontefract Tanshelf was in the Pontefract Stations group at NFM64 solves a lot of problems, because it always had a lot of missing fares to/from various stations. But removing Baghill only creates a lot of new problems. It would be better to keep them both there.

infobleep

Veteran Member
I should say, pretending that Pontefract Tanshelf was in the Pontefract Stations group at NFM64 solves a lot of problems, because it always had a lot of missing fares to/from various stations. But removing Baghill only creates a lot of new problems. It would be better to keep them both there.
I'm surprised at this time that changes are being made, given the TOCs are on management contracts. I'd have thought they would just let things tick along as they are.

JB_B

Established Member
I'm surprised at this time that changes are being made, given the TOCs are on management contracts. I'd have thought they would just let things tick along as they are.

That's right and in general the rate of RG changes has greatly reduced. Some changes will still be needed to accommodate engineering works (not this one, though.)

kieron

Established Member
If they want the station file in the routeing data to reflect the modern fare groups, I suppose another way of solving the problem is to add Pontefract Baghill to the "new station" file. It wouldn't be the oldest station there.

For what it's worth, one journey which had mapped routes according to the "routeing point calculator", but doesn't now, is Thurnscoe-York.

This sort of thing isn't an immediate problem, admittedly, as Pontefract Baghill seems to be closed for the summer in any case.
Sorry, but I don't know when this change was actually made. I have been keeping an eye on the PDF files, but I'd only check how recent the "data" ones are when one of the PDF files is updated.

I would not be surprised if it was actually made at the May timetable change, or if it came up in meetings for some time before then.

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
For what it's worth, one journey which had mapped routes according to the "routeing point calculator", but doesn't now, is Thurnscoe-York.
I don't see that this has changed. Pontefract Baghill is still a member of the Pontefract [Routeing Point] Group, so you can still trace a mapped route by going Thurnscoe-Pontefract Baghill-walk to Monkhill/Tanshelf-Leeds-York. Obviously not currently possible due to the lack of service to Baghill but I don't see why it isn't a mapped route.

JB_B

Established Member
I don't see that this has changed. Pontefract Baghill is still a member of the Pontefract [Routeing Point] Group, so you can still trace a mapped route by going Thurnscoe-Pontefract Baghill-walk to Monkhill/Tanshelf-Leeds-York. Obviously not currently possible due to the lack of service to Baghill but I don't see why it isn't a mapped route.

Indeed. We apply the fares check pair-wise for every origin routeing group member (against each destination group member if applicable) and we just need one of these pairs to pass for the routeing point to be acceptable.

Prior to this change, for the journey in question, Monkhill, Baghill, Glasshoughton and Castleford all pass and no check is possible at Tanshelf.

Now it's the same except no check is possible at Baghill and Tanshelf passes.

Either way, Pontefract RPG passes.

I'm not completely sure why rp_calc is struggling with this when 4 out of 5 group members actually pass but it looks as though the application of its spurious rule rejecting any "group member which cannot be reached without passing through another member of the group" could be the cause.

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
We apply the fares check pair-wise for every origin routeing group member (against each destination group member if applicable) and we just need one of these pairs to pass for the routeing point to be acceptable.
Ah, you are right of course. So my comments above are misleading. I confused myself by using Dore & Totley to Pontefract Baghill as an example but it seems to have had no fares to any of the Pontefract stations in NFM64!

infobleep

Veteran Member
If they want the station file in the routeing data to reflect the modern fare groups, I suppose another way of solving the problem is to add Pontefract Baghill to the "new station" file. It wouldn't be the oldest station there.

This sort of thing isn't an immediate problem, admittedly, as Pontefract Baghill seems to be closed for the summer in any case.

Sorry, but I don't know when this change was actually made. I have been keeping an eye on the PDF files, but I'd only check how recent the "data" ones are when one of the PDF files is updated.

I would not be surprised if it was actually made at the May timetable change, or if it came up in meetings for some time before then.
Thats fair enough. I'm grateful for the work you do.

kieron

Established Member
From 17th May

Thanks.
I'm not completely sure why rp_calc is struggling with this when 4 out of 5 group members actually pass but it looks as though the application of its spurious rule rejecting any "group member which cannot be reached without passing through another member of the group" could be the cause.
I'm not looking at rp_calc because its decisions are right or wrong, or because other web sites tend to agree with it (I don't know if they do or not), but because it's an industry web page which gives an explanation of how it reaches its decisions. This means I can be fairly confident that something has changed even without visiting it both before and after the change.

kieron

Established Member
Some more changes to the routeing guide were published yesterday.
Changes from 24 Jun 2020 (306) to 29 Jun 2020 (307).

Station Association changes:
Horden (HRE) is now associated with Middlesbrough Group (G42).
Horden (HRE) is now associated with Newcastle (NCL).

Non-NFM64 station changes:
Horden (HRE) now uses NFM64 fares for Seaham (SEA) (29/06/2020-)
Horden has been added to the routeing guide. The NFM64 fares are the same as Seaham (the closest pre-1996 station), as are the associated routeing points.

There are fares defined now between Horden and around half of the other stations in the network. These include Birmingham, Manchester, Newcastle and Glasgow, but not London, Doncaster or Edinburgh. I'm sure the coverage will improve.

Easement changes:

Added:

700913 (Circuitous Route) Customers travelling to Kings Sutton or Banbury from or via Oxford may not travel via Haddenham & Thame Parkway. This circuitous route easement applies in both directions.
In the normal timetable, the only train which calls at Haddenham & Thame Parkway but doesn't stop at one of the stations in Bicester is the 15:10 from London Marylebone to Birmingham Snow Hill.

The service to Kings Sutton is a bit more limited at the moment, but I don't know how much of an impediment this is.

JB_B

Established Member
I'm not looking at rp_calc because its decisions are right or wrong, or because other web sites tend to agree with it (I don't know if they do or not), but because it's an industry web page which gives an explanation of how it reaches its decisions...

I agree. In that respect rp_calc is exemplary.

Last edited:

kieron

Established Member
Some more temporary easements were published yesterday.
Changes from 29 Jun 2020 (307) to 15 Jul 2020 (308).

Easement changes:

Added:

700914 (Map) During engineering works between Exeter and Taunton from 28 September to 02 October 2020, tickets priced on (00842) VIA TAUNTON will be valid on Great Western Trains services via Honiton, Yeovil and Castle Cary. This map easement will apply in both directions

700915 (Fare route) During engineering works between Exeter and Taunton from 28 September to 02 October 2020, tickets priced on (00842) VIA TAUNTON will be valid on Great Western Trains services via Honiton, Yeovil and Castle Cary. This fare route easement will apply in both directions
There are no trains through Tiverton Parkway over that period. Crosscountry are providing rail replacement buses. GWR are also diverting some of the trains which normally serve Taunton. These easements allow more tickets to be used on the diverted trains.

kieron

Established Member
A new easement was added to the Routeing Guide this afternoon.
Changes from 15 Jul 2020 (308) to 21 Jul 2020 (309).

Easement changes:

Added:

700916 (Routeing Point) Customers travelling from or via Pitsea to Cricklewood, Mill Hill Broadway or Elstree & Borehamwood on tickets priced on route (00000) ANY PERMITTED may travel via West Hampstead Thameslink. This routeing point easement applies in both directions.
The only other route a ticket from Cricklewood, Mill Hill Broadway or Elstree & Borehamwood to Pitsea (or any station for which it is an associated routeing point) can have is VIA HACKNEY WICK (00158), and that's permitted without an easement.

In addition to this, they've changed some start and end dates in the "computer" version of Easement 44. I don't think this has any effect.

kieron

Established Member
Two easements were published this afternoon, both to accommodate Northern's reduced timetable.
Changes from 21 Jul 2020 (309) to 27 Jul 2020 (310).

Easement changes:

Added:

700917 (Local) Due to temporary timetable changes, until midnight 13 September 2020, customers travelling from Church Fenton to Leeds on tickets priced (00000) ANY PERMITTED may travel via York or via Selby. This Local easement applies in both directions
There's one train a day each way in the current schedule between Leeds and Ulleskelf, and one from Church Fenton to Leeds with no return journey. Hull-York trains call more frequently at Church Fenton, so this easement increases the journey opportunities for a Church Fenton-Leeds ticket.

All of the tickets offered between Church Fenton and Leeds are "any permitted" ones.

700918 (Routeing Point) Due to temporary timetable changes until 13 September 2020, customers travel from Crewe to Manchester Airport may travel via Manchester Piccadilly. This Routeing Point easement applies in both directions
There are no trains (or rail replacement buses) between Wilmslow and Manchester Airport, so the shortest route between Crewe and Manchester Airport is via Manchester Piccadilly. The data used by web sites to calculate routes doesn't reflect this, so this easement enables them to show it as being a valid route for this journey.

_toommm_

Established Member
Two easements were published this afternoon, both to accommodate Northern's reduced timetable.
Changes from 21 Jul 2020 (309) to 27 Jul 2020 (310).
Easement changes:
Added:
700917 (Local) Due to temporary timetable changes, until midnight 13 September 2020, customers travelling from Church Fenton to Leeds on tickets priced (00000) ANY PERMITTED may travel via York or via Selby. This Local easement applies in both directions
There's one train a day each way in the current schedule between Leeds and Ulleskelf, and one from Church Fenton to Leeds with no return journey. Hull-York trains call more frequently at Church Fenton, so this easement increases the journey opportunities for a Church Fenton-Leeds ticket.

All of the tickets offered between Church Fenton and Leeds are "any permitted" ones.

700918 (Routeing Point) Due to temporary timetable changes until 13 September 2020, customers travel from Crewe to Manchester Airport may travel via Manchester Piccadilly. This Routeing Point easement applies in both directions
There are no trains (or rail replacement buses) between Wilmslow and Manchester Airport, so the shortest route between Crewe and Manchester Airport is via Manchester Piccadilly. The data used by web sites to calculate routes doesn't reflect this, so this easement enables them to show it as being a valid route for this journey.

Im amazed it’s took Northern this long to enable these easements. People have been complaining for months about the implications of these service cuts; and in the case of Church Fenton to Leeds, it was previously a 100% price increase for someone who didn’t know that CHF to LDS tickets were being accepted unofficially via YRK.

kieron

Established Member
Another easement was added to the routeing guide on Wednesday.
Changes from 27 Jul 2020 (310) to 29 Jul 2020 (311).

700919 (Routeing Point) Due to temporary timetable changes, until midnight 13 September 2020, customers travelling from Church Fenton to Leeds on tickets priced (00000) ANY PERMITTED may travel via York or via Selby. This Routeing Point easement applies in both directions
This is a "Routeing Point" version of easement 700917. I don't know what effect this has.

The description of this type of easement in the routeing guide refers to the "fare check", but you wouldn't carry this out for a Church Fenton-Leeds journey as the Leeds routeing group is associated with Church Fenton.

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
Another easement was added to the routeing guide on Wednesday.
Changes from 27 Jul 2020 (310) to 29 Jul 2020 (311).
700919 (Routeing Point) Due to temporary timetable changes, until midnight 13 September 2020, customers travelling from Church Fenton to Leeds on tickets priced (00000) ANY PERMITTED may travel via York or via Selby. This Routeing Point easement applies in both directions
This is a "Routeing Point" version of easement 700917. I don't know what effect this has.

The description of this type of easement in the routeing guide refers to the "fare check", but you wouldn't carry this out for a Church Fenton-Leeds journey as the Leeds routeing group is associated with Church Fenton.
I suspect it may cause certain booking engines to override any rules associated with what would normally be a "local journey" for Routeing Guide purposes (and which therefore couldn't pass through any other Routeing Points, i.e. York, on the way to the common Routeing Point, Leeds). In other words it makes sure that different booking engines which implement the rule in different ways apply this easement as intended, without having to be completely rewritten.

kieron

Established Member
Some changes to the routeing guide were published yesterday and today. Yesterday's changes were:
Changes from 29 Jul 2020 (311) to 05 Aug 2020 (312).

Permitted Route changes:

Accrington (ACR) to Manchester Group (G20) gain DP+BM
This now has mapped routes via Burnley.

Accrington-Manchester already has "via Todmorden" tickets which allowed this, but Accrington-Ashton-under-Lyne (for one) doesn't.

This is, I think, the only route with a map combination which includes Accrington-Burnley-Todmorden-Manchester.

Easement changes:

Added:

700920 (Fare route) Customers travelling from Accrington, Rose Grove and Burnley Manchester Road to Manchester stations on tickets priced (00381) VIA TODMORDEN may travel via Blackburn until 13 December 2020. This routeing point easement applies in both directions.
There's an approximately hourly service from Accrington across both routes.

On nre.co.uk, this easement only works for Accrington at the moment. The intention seems clear, though.

Changed:
700917 (Local) Due to temporary timetable changes, until midnight 13 September 2020, customers travelling from Church Fenton or Ulleskelf to Leeds on tickets priced (00000) ANY PERMITTED may travel via York or via Selby. This Local easement applies in both directions

700919 (Routeing Point) Due to temporary timetable changes, until midnight 13 September 2020, customers travelling from Church Fenton and Ulleskelf to Leeds on tickets priced (00000) ANY PERMITTED may travel via York or via Selby. This Routeing Point easement applies in both directions
These easements (which both had the same text) have been extended to cover Ulleskelf.

Today's were:
Changes from 05 Aug 2020 (312) to 06 Aug 2020 (313).

Easement changes:

Added:

700921 (Routeing Point) Customers travelling from Poynton to Greenfield may travel via Stalybridge. This routeing point easement will overcome NFM64 fares checking which is denying travel via the destination routeing point. It applies in both directions
Stalybridge fails the fare check for journeys between Poynton and Mossley or Greenfield.

The shortest route in this direction is via the Stockport-Stalybridge line, and there's no general easement to permit "any permitted" tickets via Manchester, so an easement is important here.