• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

National Routeing Guide Updated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

A60K

Thanks Barry - I wonder if there's any chance of them ever including a 'change log' so that everybody knows exactly what's different?

mallard

Established Member
According to the dates on that page only the instructions have been updated, not the actual routing documents.

wintonian

Established Member
It was the other day before they changed the site with the first link, rather annoying as I didn't get round to atualy dowloading it.

flymo

Established Member
I see that Carlisle - Newcastle, or was it Newcastle - Carlisle, has now been changed so only map GN is valid, so something has been changed anyway

OwlMan

Established Member
According to the dates on that page only the instructions have been updated, not the actual routing documents.

Despite the last updated dates on the website the actual files were created in February 2010 (Download the files and look at the properties for exact dates)

Peter

newmilton

Looking briefly at routes from Burton-on-Trent to London, it seems the routeing points are now Derby, Nottingham and Tamworth ... but not Birmingham Group. It seems to me that in the past an "any permitted route" ticket allowed me to travel via New Street into Euston or (useful before of fewer restrictions on the return journey) to go into New Street, walk to Moor Street, and take a Chiltern line service into Marylebone.

Tamworth has never been a terribly useful option because it has no regular fast service into London, and even the new London Midland has a three-hour gap in the afternoon and no trains back after 1900h. On the other hand I suppose going via Nottingham gives one more choice from St Pancras.

But can someone confirm that my interpretation is correct: i.e., no more travel via B'ham?

clagmonster

Established Member
Routeing permission WM+TV would give Tamworth-Birmingham on map WM, the down the west coast into Euston or Kensington Olympia. It would not be valid via the Chilterns.
I am surprised that Nottingham is a routeing point for Burton, as you would virtually always have to go via Derby to get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.