• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

NBA Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

NY Yankee

Across the pond in America, the NBA playoffs are beginning today.

Here are the match-ups:

East

(1) Chicago vs. (8) Philadelphia- Chicago won the most games this season, though their best player, Derrick Rose, has missed most of the year.

(2) Miami vs. (7] New York- I'm am a fan of the New York Knicks. They struggled all season, but after they fired their coach Mike D'Antoni, they played better. Carmelo Anthony is their best player. A'Mare Stoudemire is a good player when he's healthy, but he's been hurt all season. Steve Novak is their best shooter, and Tyson Chandler is the league's best defensive player (though he may be hurt as well). As for Miami, they have LeBron James, who is arguably the best player in the league, and Dwyane Wade, who is another solid player. Wade has also had health issues. I want the Knicks to win, but Miami is simply too strong.

(3) Indiana vs. (6) Orlando - if Orlando had their best player, Dwight Howard, then they'd win easily, but he's out with a back injury

(4) Boston vs (5) Atlanta - the Boston Celtics won the championship in 2008, but they're simply too old to win again.

West

(1) San Antonio vs. (8) Utah - San Antonio has won 4 championships since 1999, but they're an old team. Still, Tim Duncan and Belgium native Tony Parker have enough juice for one more championship run.

(2) Oklahoma City vs. (7) Dallas- Dallas won the championship last year. However, their best player, German sharpshooter Dirk Nowitzki, has shown signs of aging and decline. Oklahoma City is a young and dynamic team. Until recently, they were the top team in the west. Kevin Durant won the scoring title. Russell Westbrook is another elite player. Oklahoma City is my pick to win it all

(3) Los Angeles Lakers vs. (6) Denver- for the past 8 years, Kobe Bryant has been the best player in the league. Even though he's in his 30's, he still averaged over 27 points per game. The Lakers will be hurt by the absence of Metta World Peace (Ron Artest), who was suspended for hitting a player on Oklahoma City and who famously started a brawl in 2004. Still, this should be an easy win for the Lakers

(4) Memphis vs. (5) Los Angeles Clippers- Blake Griffin of the Clippers is my favorite player in the league. He is very athletic. His only weakness is that he lacks a jump shot. Chris Paul is a solid passer for the Clippers. I don't know much about Memphis, but they have Zack Randolph and Rudy Gay. The Clippers will win this series.

Hopefully you guys can go to a pub and watch the playoffs. It will be a lot more exciting than football.

Status
Not open for further replies.