• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Near miss for trainspotter (very old video)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

headshot119

Established Member
Short video from Noel Dolphin's Twitter ac : twitter.com/NoelDolphin
If you know him report it to BTP. God help the poor driver of the service train if they had hit him.

Although an idiotic video, I'm sure it's a few years old. A quick YouTube search finds at least one version of it dated five years ago.

That's a few years old now, was taken at Thurston. Have the pleasure of working with the driver of the 170 who frequently gets warned by colleagues when a rail tour is in the vicinity nowadays as she seems to be magnetised to slightly less aware spotters!:roll:

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Did they ever identify the idiot in question? I recall there was a bit of a hue and cry at the time to identify him.

Johnny_w

That's a few years old now, was taken at Thurston. Have the pleasure of working with the driver of the 170 who frequently gets warned by colleagues when a rail tour is in the vicinity nowadays as she seems to be magnetised to slightly less aware spotters!:roll:

Would that be the worlds most famous train driver? :D

But yes, old old video. I think he's still around on the scene. I seem to recall seeing him at Weybourne last year maybe?

JW

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
As this video is so old, and has been around the internet for ages, including on this forum, this thread is now locked

Status
Not open for further replies.