Nearest East Coast Station?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainophile

Established Member
I would love to take advantage of the £25 First Class East Coast promotion, but as I am based in either Hereford or Southport it seems next to impossible to work out a way of doing so, without paying a fortune to get to an EC station in the first place.

Anyone got any suggestions as to what route I could do this from? Obviously the longer the East Coast journey the better - wouldn't want to pay £50 for an hour's travel, one station each way. Don't mind which destination, but need help finding a workable starting and returnig-to point.

Coming from either Hereford or Southport preferably one that offers Advance tickets to keep the add-on cost of the connections down.

Thanks for any ideas.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gnolife

Established Member
For Southport, I'd say Leeds, or Doncaster, or York - just tack a Southport to Manchester return onto a FTPE Advance

trainophile

Established Member
Thanks both. I'm tempted by the Lime Street idea. Then I could spend a night in London and do London to Edinburgh, spend a night there and do the whole thing in reverse :D. Obviously adding the cost of hotels on isn't going to make it a bargain break, but would be excellent just for the fun of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.