• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Nearest East Coast Station?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainophile

Established Member
I would love to take advantage of the £25 First Class East Coast promotion, but as I am based in either Hereford or Southport it seems next to impossible to work out a way of doing so, without paying a fortune to get to an EC station in the first place.

Anyone got any suggestions as to what route I could do this from? Obviously the longer the East Coast journey the better - wouldn't want to pay £50 for an hour's travel, one station each way. Don't mind which destination, but need help finding a workable starting and returnig-to point.

Coming from either Hereford or Southport preferably one that offers Advance tickets to keep the add-on cost of the connections down.

Thanks for any ideas.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gnolife

Established Member
For Southport, I'd say Leeds, or Doncaster, or York - just tack a Southport to Manchester return onto a FTPE Advance

tony_mac

Established Member
megatrain tickets from Lime St to Euston?
It's quite possibly cheaper than going to Leeds, and not all that much slower.

trainophile

Established Member
Thanks both. I'm tempted by the Lime Street idea. Then I could spend a night in London and do London to Edinburgh, spend a night there and do the whole thing in reverse :D. Obviously adding the cost of hotels on isn't going to make it a bargain break, but would be excellent just for the fun of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.