• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Nearly there, Medical today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twedds74

Well, just thought I'd share my great news that I've at last after years of trying to get back into employment on the railway, I have my medical today for a start in 2-3 weeks time as a Freight yard shunter, with a view to becoming a driver in 1-2 years time!
Very happy is an understatement and thanks to all who've given advice and support on this wonderful forum.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kev.

Good Luck Twedds. Hope everything goes well for you, fingers crossed.

Please let us all know what was involved and how you got on.

Twedds74

Good Luck Twedds. Hope everything goes well for you, fingers crossed.

Please let us all know what was involved and how you got on.

Was the Network Rail standard medical for me, general health questionnaire, blood pressure, mobility test-bending over finger tips to floor, twist round on spot, balance on one leg at a time with hands on chest. Hearing test, those tones were very quiet! , Colour blindness, (Isriah), Reading letters out from distance one eye covered at a time, and breatherliser for alcohol and pee for drugs test. Passed 100% fit, just waiting for pee test results, but obviously that'll be fine!
Starting my new career 3 weeks today!

donpoku

Well done my friend, you never took your eyes of the ball. But now the hard work begins. All the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.