• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Need a new job..

Status
Not open for further replies.

carriageline

Established Member
I'm sick to the teeth of my current job (data and telecomms tech, fibre optics, CAT5/6, telephones etc) and worked at night around the city has made me realise, I'm ****ing jealous of the lucky buggers working on the underground in engineering hours (is that sad?!)

I want any job on the railway now.. Just want to get on the tracks and do some work, any work!

I have applied for being a signaller, one vacancy im waiting to get back to me, passed the signalling assessment 3 years ago at level 3. Want to do signalling ideally, but anything is better than nothing

What is the best route in? obviously I have cabling/electrical/fibre optics experience but can't see it being much use on the rail side

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Markos72

I'm sick to the teeth of my current job (data and telecomms tech, fibre optics, CAT5/6, telephones etc) and worked at night around the city has made me realise, I'm ****ing jealous of the lucky buggers working on the underground in engineering hours (is that sad?!)

I want any job on the railway now.. Just want to get on the tracks and do some work, any work!

I have applied for being a signaller, one vacancy im waiting to get back to me, passed the signalling assessment 3 years ago at level 3. Want to do signalling ideally, but anything is better than nothing

What is the best route in? obviously I have cabling/electrical/fibre optics experience but can't see it being much use on the rail side

Sig and telecomms,or ideally the Telecomms side itself.Alot of the stuff is on fibre optic transmission lines etc

lvaxb24

Have you tried applying via Hays telecoms or Telent mate?

carriageline

Established Member
When you say Hays, what do you mean mate? Do you mean for BT? If so, they havent recruited for ages; and telent I haven't seen anything in a while :(

Status
Not open for further replies.