Nene Valley Railway Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Hi all, just a quick query.

Does anyone know of a decent ale pub within walking distance of the Nene Valley Railway ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Hi all, just a quick query.

Does anyone know of a decent ale pub within walking distance of the Nene Valley Railway ?
Are you by any chance going there this coming Saturday 12 May on the HDL special charter railtour train? I am all being well going on that trip, should be interesting.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Many thanks for the recommendations.

I shall peruse and choose.

Are you by any chance going there this coming Saturday 12 May on the HDL special charter railtour train? I am all being well going on that trip, should be interesting.
I certainly will (all being well). The thumper can get up to a pretty decent speed on the ECML.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Many thanks for the recommendations.

I shall peruse and choose.

I certainly will (all being well). The thumper can get up to a pretty decent speed on the ECML.
Yes, I hope it can get a good fast run going up, just hope they don't put it behind a stopping local service. We seem to have quite along time now at Wansford.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
I thought you were only there for an hour. I'll wave as you go by ferry meadows as I'm on duty there hopefully.
I think we get to Wansford at 1330 and leave at 1615. Hope there is a steam service with European Coaching Stock operating at NVR today.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Here it is going through South London yesterday...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-ey8GjrZWY
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

Here it is on the way (and on the way back) going through South London yesterday...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-ey8GjrZWY
That really is some lovely footage with the very evocative South London skyline.

It was a splendid day out, and I was very impressed with the brewery tap. Were I a Peterboroughian (if that's the right word !) I suspect I would frequent it quite regularly :)

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
That is a good clip on you tube of the HDL 1001 on Saturday. It was a good day out, the two large steam locos that were in service on the NVR were magnificent.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.