• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Nene Valley Railway Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Hi all, just a quick query.

Does anyone know of a decent ale pub within walking distance of the Nene Valley Railway ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Hi all, just a quick query.

Does anyone know of a decent ale pub within walking distance of the Nene Valley Railway ?

Are you by any chance going there this coming Saturday 12 May on the HDL special charter railtour train? I am all being well going on that trip, should be interesting.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Many thanks for the recommendations.

I shall peruse and choose.

Are you by any chance going there this coming Saturday 12 May on the HDL special charter railtour train? I am all being well going on that trip, should be interesting.

I certainly will (all being well). The thumper can get up to a pretty decent speed on the ECML.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Many thanks for the recommendations.

I shall peruse and choose.

I certainly will (all being well). The thumper can get up to a pretty decent speed on the ECML.

Yes, I hope it can get a good fast run going up, just hope they don't put it behind a stopping local service. We seem to have quite along time now at Wansford.

Mvann

I thought you were only there for an hour. I'll wave as you go by ferry meadows as I'm on duty there hopefully.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
I thought you were only there for an hour. I'll wave as you go by ferry meadows as I'm on duty there hopefully.

I think we get to Wansford at 1330 and leave at 1615. Hope there is a steam service with European Coaching Stock operating at NVR today.

Mvann

It is steam, but with the mk1s. The TPO set is also out at some stage. Locos are the 4f and the standard 5.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Here it is going through South London yesterday...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-ey8GjrZWY
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

Here it is on the way (and on the way back) going through South London yesterday...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-ey8GjrZWY

That really is some lovely footage with the very evocative South London skyline.

It was a splendid day out, and I was very impressed with the brewery tap. Were I a Peterboroughian (if that's the right word !) I suspect I would frequent it quite regularly :)

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
That is a good clip on you tube of the HDL 1001 on Saturday. It was a good day out, the two large steam locos that were in service on the NVR were magnificent.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.