• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Net. Framework

Status
Not open for further replies.
When i turn on the PC it now asks what account i want to sign into..this started to happen as soon as i installed Net. Framework..., is there anyway to stop this happening?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tom B

Established Member
warriorofrovac said:
There is only one account on the PC, i use the administrator account

Aside from the dangers of logging on as root...

You can enable / disable this via the Windows CP.

Mushroom

.NET Framework creates another account on your PC that is only visible if you go to User Accounts in the control panel. This account can be deleted and wont cause any problems to .NET Framework. This means you will no longer have to log on and can play BVE. YAY!!

Tom B

Established Member
It is always sensible to have to log on to a machine, however much of a "bolt on" it is. Only use a root account if you need to, though this can be difficult to do under Windows.

aye, thanks for your help
i am now proud owner of BVE4..what to download first. hehe.
Even though it takes a while to load routes..

Dennis

Established Member
warriorofrovac said:
its hard to know where to stop, it doesnt have the little thing at the side to show you like BVE2 did.

Look for the car stop signs on the platforms and stop in line with the one appropriate to the train length (but not all routes have these)

re Windows RG - excellent.

ChrisCooper

Established Member
The best way to know where to stop accuratly in BVE 4 is practice. Using the jump-to feature is also good, since it puts the train at the correct stopping position, and you can then looks how things are in relation to the cab, for example at one station with the HST you want to stop with the bottom of the cab window just touching the first TPWS trainstop grid. Remember though that what works for one train will unlikely work for another. The advantage is that in BVE 4, most stations give more leaway when it comes to stopping position than BVE 4 did, since it allows the developer to specify the distance forwards and backwards, but this also means that they can make you have to stop even more accuratly if they want aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.