• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Network one Tyne and wear day rover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

enviro

Not wanting to open a can of worms from the "Rail Rover II" thread, but I would like to set the record straight on a few things.

The Network one day rover ticket is available to buy from Sunderland Northern rail travel centre, this is becouse they are an agent to Network one ticketing.

http://www.networkonetickets.co.uk/media/pdfs/NO-Day-Rover-6pp.pdf

Network one is owned by all the operators that accept the range of products they offer, every operator has a share of the company.

Apart from having a share the only link between Stagecoach and Network One Ticketing is they rent office space at there Walkergate Depot.

I would have thought the Tyne and Wear based members would have known these facts.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Indeed, however I think the issue from last night's thread was about Sunderland NR booking office not selling it (because indeed they can't, even before the Retail Standard Guide comes into it). The booking office and Travel Centre are two different operations at Sunderland, as seen in this photo (booking office foreground, TC background). I am sure some were aware that it could be purchased in the TC, however the impression I got from the thread was that it was about the booking office not selling it.

enviro

But why can't the booking office not sell it when it has the issuing machine there and if you look at the window on that pic the price list is there. Although the price list on the pic is out of date, it was showing the new price list and selling Network one tickets the last time I used it two days ago.

To what extent are they two different operations, the staff work between the two, they will direct you between the two if one is busy booking tickets and the other is empty, and they will both sell all tickets through my experiance.

Established Member
The thing that is confusing matters is that I now believe that Nexus do not have a travel centre at Sunderland railway station, but it is now at Park Lane. The Network One promotional website and documents show it as available at Sunderland railway station, but it is unclear if this means that it is available from the Northern ticket office, or just from the Metro ticket machines.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I would have thought the Tyne and Wear based members would have known these facts.

Ticketing is quite complex in Tyne and Wear, especially when there is dual-availability on the Metro and Northern Rail services. Information about Network Ticketing Ltd is very scarce. East Coast found this to be the case when they started using the barriers at Newcastle Central then stopped people from accessing the platforms with Metro Daysavers and other day tickets.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Been forwarded an email from someone who has looked into this. The Day Rover cannot be bought at a Travel Centre or booking office, and is only available from Metro ticket machines and bus drivers. The only thing a travel centre can do is give out information on the Day Rover apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.