• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Network Rail - Application Form Submission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stigy

Established Member
Hi all,

I have applied for a couple of jobs over the last year with NWR, both unfortunately unsuccessful, however I was wondering if anybody could shed some light on how the application forms are submitted? The first form online I filled out was for a Signaller position, and I had numerous questions to answer which I'm assuming assessed my suitability for the post at this stage. I passed this stage but unfortunately didn't meet the online assessment standard in the end.

A while later I applied for another post (not signaller), and as I had to set up an account for the first job I applied for all of my details were pre-populated. This of course makes sense, however, there were no questions to answer this time. Just wondered if this is because a) They used the Q&As from my first application or b) The only used my CV instead of questions? The second one seems feasible, as I'm assuming the signaller questions, being such a responsible and safety critical role, I'm assuming needs more tailored questioning? The second application didn't get to assessment stage.

I just don't want to submit other applications in the future if I somehow should be answering a lot more questions but for whatever reason, aren't. Equally, I don't want to apply for future vacancies if the reason they don't get beyond the paper sift stages is because I haven't been doing it right!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.