• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Network rail application status

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACMAC

Hi,

First time posting here, just wondering what’s the usual response time for Network rail job applications. I was invited to Interview which went really well around early September for several operative jobs and still haven’t heard back. I’ve also checked the my account online which shows all previous applications, the last three of which are still Assessment 2 Pending.

Thanks,
MAC

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GG96LFC

Hello Mac,

In my experience with Network Rail, they can take a couple of months to arrange interviews, and a couple of weeks to feed back after conducting interviews. However, the fact that you've had to wait nearly 4 months since your interviews in September is strange. It might depend on the roles you're going for (you mentioned operative whereas my jobs are more admin/customer service based), in my recent interviews, all managers have mentioned that they are taking longer than usual due to christmas pressures. But it's worth seeing if there's a phone number/email address you can contact just so you know where you stand

GG96LFC

Also it might look good if you contact them as it shows you really are interested in the role. If you phone/email, it could be good as they might be struggling to decide between you an 1 or 2 other candidates, so contacting them might just be the little boost you need to persuade them that you deserve the job :)

Brann112233

Hi, I'm in the same position as you. My interview was early October. There was a thread created a while bqck and there's a few of us in same position.
I called recruitment and they told me the vacancy is volume based, up until february. which means your likely in a pool of maybes. When a role comesup theyll consider you for it.
Just a waiting game really.

GJL9916

Hi,

First time posting here, just wondering what’s the usual response time for Network rail job applications. I was invited to Interview which went really well around early September for several operative jobs and still haven’t heard back. I’ve also checked the my account online which shows all previous applications, the last three of which are still Assessment 2 Pending.

Thanks,
MAC

I’ve had an application ‘with the hiring manager’ for about 6 months now so don’t think they are in any rush

ACMAC

Thanks for the replies, I had done a bit of research on various forums before and saw that HR usually take their time with applications. I’ll give them a phone soon and see where I still stand, they stated October could be the starting dates but also mentioned February.

Fingers crossed,
MAC

Narom

If it says "invite to assesment 2 pending" you should be getting an email inviting you to a interview at some point .

Rabbyboy

In same position had interview mid september. Called recruitment end of november and they advised me i wouldnt hear anything back until after christmas as they had contacted people up until then. So hopefully hear back in next coming weeks (been saying that for 3 months)

Jaysub

Iv had invite for ass 2 pending for a week now too,hopefully they choose me!

Mcewan82

Interview was good, questions are just can you tell me a time when ... Nothing hard anyway and seemed simple enough to answer

Jaysub

Interview was good, questions are just can you tell me a time when ... Nothing hard anyway and seemed simple enough to answer

Ok thats good and simple then,nothing about the box u wana work in and that ??or why younwamt the job?

Thomas keeble

Hello, I've applied for a track maintenance job and got to the stage " under consideration for assessment 2 ", I was informed of this on the 24th March 2020, with the COVID -19 situation slowing and stopping things moving at the regular pace does anyone know if my application will take longer to process and how would interviews be conducted if I managed to get to that stage.

Daveyboy2407

I'm in the same boat mate. Been waiting 8 weeks now since my status changed to assessment 2 pending. What area is the job you applied for?

Thomas keeble

A track job at Caerphilly and one at Newport. The Newport job I applied for is at the "assessment complete" stage , has been for a few weeks. A another job in Newport i applied for got withdrawn too, not sure the reason for that. All applicants were unsuccessful.
Maybe HR are behind due to the COVID -19 crisis.

Worldwide

Hello, I've applied for a track maintenance job and got to the stage " under consideration for assessment 2 ", I was informed of this on the 24th March 2020, with the COVID -19 situation slowing and stopping things moving at the regular pace does anyone know if my application will take longer to process and how would interviews be conducted if I managed to get to that stage.

NR interviews are being done over Skype / Microsoft Teams.

LOM

At the moment HR are giving hiring managers the choice between phone interviews, online Teams/Skype interviews and waiting until socially distanced face to face interviews are possible. Most I have spoken to are waiting.

Thomas keeble

At the moment HR are giving hiring managers the choice between phone interviews, online Teams/Skype interviews and waiting until socially distanced face to face interviews are possible. Most I have spoken to are waiting.
I think that's the best way to be honest. I'd rather talk to someone in person than Skype or by phone call. It's probably best for the interviewer as they can gauge you more accurately, body language etc.

TheOne1990

Ah ok, I’ve applied for track inspection. Just wanted to see if people with no railway experience, stand a good chance. I have vast experience in construction, highway maintenance.

Thomas keeble

I'm in the same boat mate. Been waiting 8 weeks now since my status changed to assessment 2 pending. What area is the job you applied for?
Alright mate , Any news on your status changing on the network rail website or are you still waiting. Mine still hasn't changed, might ring or email them tomorrow to get some info.

Daveyboy2407

Nothing has changed mate unfortunately. Hopefully get some news next week. It's just a waiting game I'm afraid

C J Snarzell

Established Member
I suspect as most businesses and organisations are returning to their respective workplaces on Monday 1st June, the wheels of the application process should start turning again with HR staff who themselves may be returning to some degree of workplace normality.

One of my colleagues has recently taken part in a Skype online interview for a Network Rail post and he did say it was quite unnerving. He had two interviewers - one he couldn't see because of the camera size. He told me he would have much preferred to have done a face-to-face interview.

Good luck to everyone on here who is awaiting news of a job.

CJ

CJK64

Recruiting is on hold at the moment so it’s going to be a waiting game I’m afraid, also for clarity, HR have nothing to do with recruiting, so if you are trying to contact them, they will not be able to answer your query. It’s resourcing or on-boarding you need to speak to.

Thomas keeble

I suspect as most businesses and organisations are returning to their respective workplaces on Monday 1st June, the wheels of the application process should start turning again with HR staff who themselves may be returning to some degree of workplace normality.

One of my colleagues has recently taken part in a Skype online interview for a Network Rail post and he did say it was quite unnerving. He had two interviewers - one he couldn't see because of the camera size. He told me he would have much preferred to have done a face-to-face interview.

Good luck to everyone on here who is awaiting news of a job.

CJ
I would prefer a face to face interview myself if I do manage to get one, I think I'd give a much better account of myself in person, it's a strange set up to give skype or phone interviews.

Maybe that's why the updates of the application process are taking a while. Cant blame them really I suppose it's better for them to interview people in person.

Thanks
Recruiting is on hold at the moment so it’s going to be a waiting game I’m afraid, also for clarity, HR have nothing to do with recruiting, so if you are trying to contact them, they will not be able to answer your query. It’s resourcing or on-boarding you need to speak to.
l
Thanks for that, I'll wait on it and see if I get any news in the next week. Resourcing must be snowed under with calls about this type of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.